Chapter 103

Elain & Leon

Elain & Leon

*****

As soon as the silver cage was brought, Luna took her dagger and slit Deianeira's arm to let the blood fall. They also put the bottles with human blood next to the cage.

Amn: The wrist would have done the job faster.

Ln: And it would drain her right away. We still need her, you heard Leon. We will have to feed her forcefully.

The servants took Deianeira in the cage, which was not tall enough for her to stand up straight. She woke up when she felt the taste of fresh blood and drank with thirst. The servant let go of the bottle and ran out of the cage immediately. When Deianeira opened her eyes, having finished the bottle, she saw the door being closed and locked. Her vision was blurry, she felt as if her body had turned into stone and could not move freely, nor use any of her powers. The first person she saw when her vision came back was Terrion, who was squatting in front of the cage, but far enough not to be affected by it. She pushed her limits to get up, but she could not manage to get her arms off the ground. Putting the pieces together, remembering what had happened and realizing what was happening, she got terrified.

Tr: Did you sleep well?

Dei: Elain...

She tried to reach out for her sister, but she realized the bond was blocked. Terrion's laugh made her snap out if it and she also saw Luna behind him. She became aware of her bleeding arm, as well as of the bite that still hurt. She could not have been more thankful to vervain as she was at that moment.

Tr: She is doing much better than you, I can assure you.

Deianeira closed her eyes, trying to summon her healing powers, but she felt her power latent and barely having any effect. The wounds had started healing but the silver combined with the vervain made Deianeira feel very sick. Leon's green venom was still on her neck. She grabbed the bloodstone in her hand, hoping that keeping Terrion talking, would actually distract him from her doing. As Alyssa, had once taught her, Deianeira had hidden stashes of energy hidden in her jewelry and now she was trying to hide her last energy supplies, concealing them in her aura. She understood that the longer she was caged, the longer her healing would take. The bloodstone turned to white.

Dei: You...why? How? How could you do this? Elain trusted you with her life!

Tr: Yes, she did, and she did well to put her trust in me. She is in the safest place she could be in these hours, I did what I swore to do: protecting her and taking her back home.

Dei: Darion would have known, how...?

Terrion grinned.

Ln: You don't have to talk to her. Leon told you to guard her, not to keep her company.

Tr: I might as well just tell her, it is not like she could do anything about it now.

Ln: Have your fun then, but don't leave this room till I come back.