Chapter 66

Elain

Elain

*****

The next two days went without any new incidents. Elain did not go out of her room and Alyssa kept a close eye on her, even if Elain had insisted to go out of her room for fresh air. With Darion having been asked to go after Amel, Deianeira felt herself going crazy. After having fed from the bottles and even from Darion, she had fallen into the resting state and she had woken up after two days. Darion was already gone and Alyssa tried her best to keep Deianeira away from Elain's room. Whenever Alyssa would be gone, Elain would shout at her sister to stop sneaking around her room and leave. She wanted to be next to Elain, but she had finally started getting her strength back, as the bloodstone had now a pale red colour. To fill the hours, Elain filled the room with drawings of all sorts, spread all around her room, stopping to draw only when she fed on him. Ramisu's blood was still the best and she was relieved that she did not crave Eden's anymore, who had been staying away, mostly outside the castle, trying to push back all that had happened. His bloodlust was starting to take over him again and he fed more.

When Ramisu woke up, he found Elain staring at him from the balcony. There she was, sitting on the railing, dressed in a long black, flowing dress, with her hair tied up in a messy bun. The black lace-gloves only complemented her looks, as the silver moonlight was falling on her. Distant fires were lit in the night and her only company was made of ravens and nightingales. From her fist, crumbles of bread fell on the railing. Her image, though elegant, reminded Ramisu of her mysterious beauty, but now it had a sad feeling attached to it. Elain's eyes were almost dead and this Elain was just a shadow of her former self.

Rm: Did you sleep this time?

Elain simply shook her head in disapproval.

Rm: You haven't had a deep sleep for days now.

He came close to her, but she turned her back to him, dangling her feet over the edge, looking into the darkness.

Ela: I did nothing but resting. I have no reason or need to sleep.

Rm: Did you eat? The bottles seem untouched.

Ela: What is their use, Ramisu? If only to keep me alive, I am already dead inside, Leon took everything from me. I miss my sister, I miss you, I am afraid of hurting you and my parents. Can't you see? He won..

A tear fell from her eye. Ramisu hugged her tight, but she did not turn to him.

Ela: I can't even kill myself to end it, but I will ask you to do it for me if the time comes.

Rm: I cannot kill you! Stop talking like that! You are hurting me, Elain. Please...

Ela: I am sorry, Ramisu.

Elain caressed his face and leaned in for a light kiss.

Ela: But Leon got to me in the end and I cannot bring myself to hurt my family. He shows me images of me hurting you, he whispers me his plans to destroy you, he embraces me until my breath goes out and I succumb. He has already killed me. If only I could fall, swiftly as I have seen.