Chapter 59

On their way to their rooms, Deianeira felt Elain's aura grey and she smiled, grabbing her sister's hand. As they were passing the long halls, memories of them running around all day came to their mind.

'Your rooms, my Ladies.'

Dei: I can't believe we are finally here, after all we have been through. Elain, I am proud of you for giving them a chance.

Ela: I am sorry, Dei. I know you had higher hopes and I did want to greet them with my arms open, but the way he treated us changed everything. I might have rushed into judging him. Let us hope everything will turn for the best.

Dei: I resemble her so much and her aura was so strong, like ours combined. I have so many things to talk to her about, to share my thoughts about the diary.

Dr: And you will do that. You have the time now.

Rm: First we have to rest.

The room Elain chose to stay in had captivated her with its light blue walls, a king-sized baldachin bed with a golden frame and blue velvet sheets freshly put on it. In front of the bed stood a table with blue chairs made of leather and, next to the bed, the candles were lit on the night stands. The ceiling was decorated in golden ornaments and the bedroom also had big windows that opened into a small balcony, from which the mountains could be seen. A marble table was standing on what seemed to be an oriental carpet, all the colours were perfectly matched.

Rm: It's...

Ela: Perfect.

Dr: Now, I am curious.

He followed Deianeira and felt immediately welcome, their bedroom was painted in light brown and white colours. In the middle of the room, there stood a baldachin bed with a brown velvet back rest ornamented with swirls of gold; even its curtains of dark brown colour had golden lining. Next to the bed stood two night stands, a hanger and in front of the bed stood a marble white table which had brown flower elements on top of an oriental cherry-flower carpet. The brown curtains were drawn and from the glass door one could enter the big white marble balcony as well; her view was of the mountains as well. The capital was indeed a marvelous place to be in. Eden continued his way along the hallway and, after he too closed the door behind him, the guards took their places as Amel had ordered them. Soon, the castle fell into silence.

Having fallen in a deep sleep, Ramisu was awakened by the loud knocks in the door and saw Elain still sleeping beside him, so he put on his shirt and opened the door.

'My Lord requests your presence in the council room. You are given little time to change. Please, hurry up.'

He thanked the servant and closed the door before going to back to Elain and wake her up, her weak voice barely heard.

Rm: Feeling dizzy again?

She simply nodded and showed a faint smile.

Rm: We will eat after the council meeting, bear a little longer.

Having already heard the noise next-door, Deianeira and Darion got up and opened the door.

'You two are also expected in the council room. I will wait for you here.'

Feeling her anxiety, Darion took Deianeira's hand and kissed it in an attempt to calm her down.

Dei: It will be alright, my love. I trust you can prove yourself in front of them. I am not excited about seeing them again, I did not like them. Their faces were always so serious around us, like they were afraid of us, of what we could do.

Dr: I will not leave your side.

As soon as Elain and Ramisu got out of the room, they headed for the council. Vampires were rushing in what appeared to be the room next to the throne, they were all hurrying as the moon started shining over the castle.