Chapter 121

*****

*****

It was not too long after the coronation when the plans for the nuptial ceremony began. Both couples knew very well such formalities were no longer needed for them to be acknowledged as families but Alyssa and Amel's persistence for them to make it official hade them agree to go forward with it. There were still some unfinished businesses left, the utopian world they wanted was still far from taking shape and still required some work. But, after decades of waiting, a few more weeks did not matter anymore. The girls needed to be happy and loved not only by their family but also by their people, as much as the boys needed everyone's acknowledgement officially.

The preparations for the wedding went smoothly under Alyssa's precious indications. Because it was supposed to be a restricted event, only for the vampire nobility, Alyssa and Amel wanted to make a good and everlasting impression of their family's power. The spending of gold and other riches was not limited. It had to be perfect in every aspect. The clothes were made by the most famous tailors in town and the garden, the place selected to host the event, was trimmed to the last details.

Wild roses, irises, tulips, orchids, all were spread around the candle-lit gazebos and decorated the flower arch under which Elain and Deianeira would be given by Amel away. Torch poles were placed along the red, velvet carpet which led to Alyssa's and Amel's thrones and the water fountains were turned on with flowers and coins tossed in it for good luck. The witches were consulted on choosing the best night for the event, as the painters insisted on having the perfect light to immortalize the event. More than 500 guests were expected, each guest having a lantern and a candle, with Amel's sigil on it placed in their chair, as they were requested to send all the best wishes for the couple by lightning them up in the air, or by setting them adrift in the lake. It was early in the night when the first carriages started arriving at the castle. The banner was placed on all the doors and in front of the flower arch and fireworks were already colouring the night sky, signalizing the start of the nuptials.

Deianeira opened the door, gazing left and right, hoping Darion would be kept away in order for her not to spoil the surprise. She grabbed her dress and paced quickly on her high heels, rushing to Elain's door.

Dei: Alyssa told me that the boys have been kept away in the left wing of the castle but I can't risk it. I have to bet fast and get Elain out.

As soon as she reached for the door, a servant opened to get out while someone grabbed Deianeira from behind. This startled her so much that she let out a scream, only to be hushed by the Warlock. His smile was as kind and warm as always. She turned around on her heels.

Dei: WHO ON EARTH....hello Warlock. Nice to...see you creeping up on us in this way.

The last part of her sentence was said in a low voice, hoping that he won't hear it.

Sv: I will be outside should you need anything. The shoes are on the bed. Lady Alyssa is already waiting for you outside. The guests have started arriving.