Chapter 111

Deianeira & Elain

Deianeira & Elain

*****

Deianeira was about to grab Luna by the leg to stop her from running away, when the bond with her sister hit her with all its power. It had been so long for her that she had almost forgotten how it was like to feel her sister. The wave of emotions and pain shook her up and, when she looked after Elain, she saw Darion on top of her holding her down.

Dei: Darion, don't!

Elain pushed him over her side and got up. She had no bonds and no shields, letting everyone feel her hate and desire for revenge, letting all of them know she was back. Deianeira rushed at her, but Elain did not seem to acknowledge her presence. She started running right away, her target very clear on her mind.

Dr: Elain, stop!

Dei: Elain!

But she did not stop, she could not even hear them. The only thing she could hear was Deianeira's begs for her to wake up, to help her, to come back to her. The only thing she could see was Deianeira getting hurt again and again by her own hands. She let herself relive those moments in order to give her strength and attack Leon with everything she had. Amel was on the floor, holding Elain's pendant in his fist and Leon was standing in front of him, struggling not to stumble on his feet. He felt it when the control was ruined and he was ready to do it again, but he did not consider Deianeira or Elain a threat big enough to stop him from dealing with Amel first. It did not take him by surprise when Elain launched at him with her bright lightning, but the wounds that Amel had already provoked him slowed him down. He did not have time to dodge Elain's attack and, though her lightning was nothing compared to Amel's, she still managed to take him down. They rolled over until Leon threw her away and, had it not been for Ramisu to catch Elain in his arms, she would have hit the pillars again.

L: Luna! What's taking so long?!

Ln: We were wrong Leon! It's all gone wrong. Elain is not the Life Force, she is the Heart! It is Deianeira who must bring Astaroth back and Elain is the sacrifice.

Leon lucked back at Deianeira, spiting hate with each word.

L: You?! How can it happen, you are the first born!

Ln: She has already bled on the portal, we need Deianeira now!

L: Focus on the portal, woman! I will deal with this one first and then take care of Deianeira myself.

Leon turned to Elain, whom Ramisu helped stand on her feet.

Dr: Just try, Leon, and you will get to feel my new venom.

Dei: Darion, I am the Life Force, I am supposed to bring him back and this means Elain has to die first to give Astaroth enough energy to cross the worlds. We have to get out of here!

Amel got up and grabbed his sword, his red eyes still beaming with energy.

Am: Stay away from them.