Chapter 74

Deianeira & Elain

Deianeira & Elain

*****

Deianeira sat on the bed next to her sister.

Dei: How do you feel our bond?

Elain spoke without looking up.

Ela: As strong as always.

Dei: Elain, look at me.

Feeling Deianeira slowly getting angry with her attitude, she looked at her with her red puffy eyes. She bit her tongue not to let any other tears fall. Knowing her sister very well, Deianeira knew what Elain needed was not a warm hug and room for more tears, but a cold shower to help her snap out of it, or else she would get consumed by her own guilt.

Dei: I forgave you. Just let it go, I need my sister back and fast.

Ela: Dei, I cannot stop myself thinking about what happened. Had Amel not come in time, I wouldn't have stopped. I shouted at myself over and over again to move that hand away but, in the end, it wouldn't have moved.

Dei: Don't think about it anymore. I'm here, aren't I?

Ela: You don't understand. The curse is still there. Alyssa explained it to me, the crystal can only block their control over me, but it is not over, it still exits. If anything will happen and they will take over again...

Dei: Then take care of the crystal and nothing of this kind will happen again.

Ela: Nevertheless, you have to be careful around me. I promise you, I will do my best to protect myself and you, but I need you to keep in mind that it is not over.

Dei: We will defeat it together.

Elain hugged her and hid her face in the crack of her neck.

Ela: I am so sorry.

Dei: We are too. If you keep blaming yourself, then I will blame myself as well for not following you back there.

Elain looked at her and shook her head.

Ela: Don't. It has nothing to do with it.

Dei: Just that it was the beginning...the beginning which led to your death.

Elain put her hands over Deianeira's mouth.

Ela: Stop it, don't go there. I will not blame myself anymore. Alright?

She took her hands away.

Dei: Then I will respect my end of the bargain.

Elain did not leave Deianeira's room for the rest of the day and remained in bed. When she closed her eyes, Deianeira left the room in order to bring more bottles. At that time, Elain braced herself and decided to reach for Ramisu. He answered her right away, a wave of emotions hitting her: happiness, worries, anxiety. It was very difficult for her to focus.