Chapter 109

*****

*****

They all three rushed into the battle with Eden and Ramisu jumping in the air and landing hits and Darion slashing left and right. Behind them, Amel and Leon were still caught up in their battle Amel and Leon were each holding each other by the neck. With one move Leon threw Amel into the ceiling but not before Amel had hit him with his lightning, knocking him on his back. Amel fell next to Leon, each starting to feel the exhaustion their fight had caused them. The sun was already setting down. As Amel pushed himself back on his feet, he saw the twin medallion hanging at Leon's wrist, as he had ripped off the cuffs of his coat. He could not take his eyes away and Leon saw right through it. He lifted his arm in front of his eyes and smiled, looking at the small medallion.

L: You see, Amel, no matter how much you struggle, you have already lost. Elain gave me her medallion herself, as a proof of her loyalty.

Amel's grip on the hilt tightened. His red eyes moved their gaze to Leon. It felt as if he was trying to burn him.

L: Even if you defeat me, Elain will avenge me. What will you do? Will you kill her?

Am: The only reason why Elain is doing all of this is because you are messing up with her mind. Wake up, Leon, the moment she will come back to her senses, she will turn against you again. She is my daughter!

Leon let out a short laugh. His mad eyes turned to Amel.

L: That control will never disappear. You lost her and you will soon lose Deianeira too. The funniest part is that one of them will kill the other one. I bet on Ela...

Leon did not get to finish his words when Amel launched at him. He wanted Leon to take back each of his words, he wanted to make him beg for forgiveness, repent for every minute he kept his girls away from him and torture him for weeks before letting him go to hell, where he belonged. The hits were getting faster and more precise, until both swords jumped in the air. Both Leon and Amel jumped in the air to catch their swords. Amel jumped higher, grabring his sword and saw Leon below him.

With almost all his might, Amel gathered with his last remaining energy a strong lightning. He threw it at Leon who saw the lightning coming at the last second and turned his back, getting scratched by the powerful lightning in the process. Leon screamed in pain as it felt like a sharp claw dug in his back, draining him of energy and leaving his motionless. As he was falling, he looked at Amel. The lightning had made a big crack in the concrete floor. Leon would not let this pass. Using his power, he grabbed Amel and threw him through the big crack, before falling on his back on the ground. Amel's shout was the last thing he heard before his men surrounded him to protect him.

Deianeira felt too many vampires around her, especially Darion who was only a few hallways away. But she had to reach her sister before anyone else, she did not look back as she rushed down the stairs to the dungeons and, seeing that no one stopped her, she was aware that she was about to fall into a trap. But she did not back down. She had also felt the massive dark energy getting stronger with each step and, when she saw the portal open above the stone tomb, she felt the need to gasp for air. Luna had managed to open the portal enough for evil spirits to get out, but not enough for that one spirit they needed.