Chapter 49

Ramisu closed his eyes, knowing that everything was over. They had underestimated Leon and his loyal people, he had made the mistake to put his needs above the plan and now he had to pay for that.

Leon did not waste any more time and grabbed Elain and bit her neck deep, starting drinking very fast. Filled with rage, his eyes were completely red and, as he drank from her, he saw glimpses of memories of what they had been trying to hide from him. Initially, Leon had thought that Ramisu had found Elain and kept her and Deianeira hidden with the witches from whom his sons took them, but as he was drinking his rage and remorse kept growing as he saw his own sons turning against him. Before Ramisu could attack him, Damaris and one of the other vampires launched at him.

Rm: Go now!

At his orders, the other vampire rushed out of the room.

Deianeira was trying her best to hold her composure as Darion kept on talking to her through the sire bond, telling her to stay calm and that he had everything under control, but deep inside she knew something was very wrong.

'Damn it, Darion, where is that signal?!'

An: ...and everything will be over. I promise you won't feel anything, it is just a slight cut.

The noise that had suddenly taken over the fortress was everything that Deianeira needed, that was the signal she had waited for.

'I can't reach you, you have to make your way out.'

Dei: Amun, for as much as I enjoyed your story and your hand caressing my lips, I really need to go now, Master has called.

An: You are not going anywhere, stay right here.

He went to the door to check what the noise was about and turning his back to Deianeira was his first mistake. In an instant, the fire returned to her hands and burned the ice in a couple of seconds. Still feeling her legs rigid after the ice, she jumped on Amun and rolled with him on the floor.

An: So, this girl knows how to lie. Good, I was actually eager to fight.

Dei: Love, I am afraid I do not have the time for you. So please, enjoy your stay here. Alright?

A barrier of fire and energy appeared around Amun as Deianeira jumped off him, grabbed her bow, dagger and quiver and raced to Elain's room to take her sword before rushing down the stairs. Her bloodstone was shining red.

Dei: Elain! Where are you?!

Along the staircases, vampires were fighting and she did not know who was ally and who was enemy, Everything was so confusing for her. Some arrows were thrown at her, but she dodged them on time and she was wandering around, trying to find her sister, when her scream pierced her ears. She rushed towards the source, only to find Ramisu fighting Damaris and other four vampires, trying to reach Elain. Seeing her sister in Leon's arms and him draining the life out of her made Deianeira's eyes turn red in an instant. She realized she could not make a barrier because she would hurt Elain even more and a shout of anger was heard, as she jumped straight at Leon. Before she could reach them, Damaris projected a block of ice right in front of her which she melted with her fire, and started again towards them, but Damaris launched at her and grabbed her leg when she was about to jump and threw her against the floor.

Dm: I don't know how you evaded Amun, but you won't interrupt Master Leon.

Deianeira looked at Ramisu, who was still caught in his battle, one of his hands now frozen.

Dm: It is too late anyway, the turning has begun.

Damaris bent over her, grabbed her hands and trying to freeze them, but Ramisu jumped over him, pulling him away from her. Deianeira used that opportunity to trap the four vampires in a barrier of energy and fire and gathered her energy in an arrow to shoot into Leon's chest, but Amun froze the arrow at the last second; his clothes partially burnt and he was panting.