Chapter 10

Ramisu Theron

Ramisu Theron

Lyserg Maharet

Lyserg Maharet

*****

The next days, the atmosphere in the house was turned upside-down. Deianeira, though trying to get close to Darion and enjoy their long talks, was constantly turned down by him. His coldness confused her, as she did not understand what she had done wrong. Eden and Elain continued their fights, but that was all about it and their silly taunting games turned into serious arguments whenever she tried to reason with him.

It was the beginning of August and the sun was strongly shining, the dense forest offering shelter for the vampires. Deianeira woke up with a bad feeling and grabbed the bloodstone in her fist. Looking at the sky, she felt warmth around her fingers, but then she noticed that Elain was already up and out of the room. Having heard her outside, she followed her sister there, but, as soon as she approached her, Elain noticed her restlessness caused by Darion's absence.

Ela: Did you have a nightmare? You don't look well.

She touched her forehead.

Ela: You are burning up. Is your fire coming back?

Since the incident with Devarion, Deianeira had not been able to use her fire again and Elain's lighting, though woken up, was far for being controlled by her.

Dei: I think so. I have a weird bad feeling. Actually, it is not bad, but not good either. I don't know how to explain it.

Ela: I woke up pretty early today with a similar restlessness. Maybe it is because the boys have been putting our patience to test. If I were able to control the lightning, I would definitely use it to knock some sense in them.

Deianeira went back to the room and changed and within a couple of minutes, a loud thunder was heard, bringing pouring rain with it which forced Elain enter the house and, after taking a towel to dry her hair, she went to the dining room.

Ela: I hope the boys will be alright.

Her sister joined her and another loud thunder was heard.