Chapter 79

Elain & Deianeira

Elain & Deianeira

*****

Ela: Mother, listen to me, I...

As: You're not ready! There is nothing to talk about. I can't believe Amel agreed to this.

Ela: I will never be ready unless I try it.

As: You're not leaving!

Dei: Leaving where?

Having been too engaged into the discussion, none of them had paid attention to Deianeira's approach. Her aura was now different. She had indeed exchanged blood and memories with Darion, but she did not remember having seen anything regarding their departure. She must have been too focused on certain memories of Darion in the camp. Their bond was back, but she had not felt anything strange about Elain. She looked at them confused.

As: Deianeira, my dear, you are finally back. Come, you will help me have your sister understand she cannot leave with your father.

Deianeira starred at Elain in shock.

Dei: When were you going to tell me?

Ela: Right after you came back...I settled it with father shortly before the ball, I did not have the time to tell you.

Dei: I sensed you were fighting, but I did not know whom and I did not give it too much thought, I thought you were training.

Ela: It was father I was fighting. He gave me his approval.

Dei & As: You fought him?!

As: This is insane. Guard! Send for my husband. Tell him it is urgent.

Elain took Alyssa by the arm.

Ela: Mother, don't. He is taking care of our plans for the...

As: I know very well what he is doing. I have not been counseled about this. You are not leaving.

Alyssa stormed out of the room, as Deianeira sat at the desk and rested her head in her hands.

Ela: I wanted to tell you sooner, but too many things happened. How are you feeling?

Dei: Hungry, excited, disappointed? I have all the emotions right now.

Elain rushed at her side and kneeled at her feet, taking her hands into hers.

Ela: I need to do this, Dei. I cannot stay here, doing nothing. I am useless unless I train, unless I learn about myself.

Dei: Will the boys leave as well?

She poured herself a glass of blood and drank it in a sip before filling it up again.

Ela: Yes, but this you already knew.

Dei: I didn't expect it to be so soon.

Ela: Me neither...father announced it only this morning.