Chapter 72

Elain

Elain

Eden

*****

Having stayed behind in the thermae chamber, Rubia had not heard anything of what had happened with Elain. She had felt the dark aura coming and leaving, but it was nothing unusual and it did not disturb her studying. Too tired to continue, she left the books on the floor and climbed the stairs back to her room. She stopped in front of Eden's door, looking at the three bottles still untouched. She felt his cloud red aura, a negative and repelling energy surrounding him. He had not left the room since recent events. She did not hesitate, she took the bottles and pressed the door handle. It was locked. She knocked strongly.

Rb: Hey, open up. I know you're there.

Eden did not answer, but she knew he knew about her presence at his door.

Rb: These bottles won't finish themselves off. Are you still hanging in there, vampire?

She could feel Eden's thirst.

Rb: Of course you are hungry, you didn't feed at all for days, did you?

Rubia tried once again to open the door.

Rb: You will only get angrier if you don't open the door. I was told I can be very annoying.

She tried it once again. Eden growled in a low voice and opened the door with force and anger. His eyes were red.

Ed: What?!

But the moment he saw her, his anger seemed to slowly diminish. He stared back in her round royal blue eyes and found himself run out of words. Rubia smiled at him as she immediately felt the attraction.

Ed: Who...

Rubia struggled to hold the bottles with one arm as she reached her right arm to Eden.

Rb: I am Rubia. Nice to meet you...

Eden looked at her hand and then at her, closing the door a bit.

Ed: Eden and busy.

Rb: Wait. Won't you take these? You need them.