Chapter 89

Rihanna

Rihanna

*****

Some battles lasted only a few others and some others would go on for days. The more they advanced, the stronger the attacks came on them. With Ramisu always in the first lines with Darion, Eden and Amel, Elain was always next to her three faithful men, protecting each other as well as the others. As promised by Amel, after each fight she was allowed to choose more people to join her team and convincing them to accept proved to be easier than she had thought, as she had already gained the respect of most of them in her first battle. After one more month and four more battles Elain had a team of nine men and five women, Deianeira had grown to respect Oryn's decisions and follow his orders, whenever he considered him to be right; he was always right, but Oryn, in his weird manners, did encourage her to talk back, to prove him wrong and speak out her mind. He dared her at times and taught her to obey at other times.

Or: Are you done?

After the most recent battle, their troops came out more injured than they had expected, giving the healers a rough time. They had won much more battles than those they had lost, but this battle could not be counted in either of the piles. After days of fights, both sides called the fallback. And now they were goth getting ready for the next battle, the decisive one.

Dei: Almost done with this side of the camp.

Or: They are vampires, they will heal eventually. Come with me. This is more important.

He left before she could refuse him, so she had to follow him to his tent. She had not seen Elain or Amel since last morning, but she could feel them nearby. She had just steped inside when she came face to face with Alyssa's bow. Oryn was already holding it when she entered the tent. She looked at him shocked.

Dei: Is...is this...

She reached for the bow and caressed it with the tips of her fingers.

Or: You earned it today. I did tell you loud and clear not to come in front and you did stay behind; as long as you considered to. Your defiance helped us there, had it not been for your fire many more would have died.

Dei: This is such an honour for me to finally earn it.

Or: I have already talked with Arem and Amel about this. Alyssa could not be prouder than having her first born use her bow. Take it, Deianeira. It is yours by right.

Dei: Thank you for everything.

The moment she took it in her hand she felt it was right to have it. It seemed as light as a feather, it felt as part of her own arms, and its blades were the perfect fit for fights with swordsmen.

Or: You can only thank yourself. You are reckless enough to come in front with me, you need a bow specially made for that. Damn I am not good with such cheesiness. I hope you will use it wisely. Take a quiver from here, you'll need bigger arrows.