Chapter 78

Darion kept on running with Deianeira as far away from the ball and commotion as possible. She was finding it hard to hold her dress in order not to stain it.

Dei: Where are we going? Are we there yet?

Dr: We are almost there.

They stopped in front of a big grey marble door with golden handle.

Dr: Hardly anyone comes around here anymore and I got the key yesterday, using my own ways.

Dei: You stole it, didn't you?

Dr: Well, the human guarding it made it all too easy for me. I also compelled him not to come here for the following days.

Dei: You amaze me. You thought about everything.

Dr: As I always do.

With a loud squeak, the door slammed to the wall. A long seven-floor staircase covered with blue carpet led up to the tower's rooftop. On the walls, various paintings of different styles matched the golden railings

Dei: Is this the astronomy tour?

Dr: The very same. Now, after you my Lady.

Deianeira picked her dress as they started running the stairs When they reached the top, Deianeira was amazed of the view. Above them, the ceiling was split in four and they could see the sky lanterns above them.

Dei: I love it here.

On the floor, several red pillows and blankets were placed and the smell of roses filled the room. Darion brought two bottles from one of the bookcases. Different drawings of constellations were put on the walls. A stone bridge linked the room with another one with the ceiling covered. She felt Darion taking her left hand and then felt a ring circling her ringfinger. She looked at her hand right away and saw a beautiful massive white-gold ring. It was round and heavy, with curvy engravements circling a red gem. On one side of the ring she could feel a small button and when she pressed it, the engraved bezel opened, revealing a small hidden container.

 On one side of the ring she could feel a small button and when she pressed it, the engraved bezel opened, revealing a small hidden container

Dr: I took it after you chose your necklace. I've been waiting for the right time to give it to you, but that time never came until now.

After she closed the ring, she accidentally pressed on the stone and that opened as well, revealing a smaller container. Darion caressed her face, pulling her closer towards the blankets.

Dei: Darion, this is amazing! It's way too much.

Dr: Nothing is too much for you. It's been difficult to hide that memory from you, I am sorry, but I couldn't let you spoil the surprise.

Dei: Where did you hide it?

Dr: I left it with Eden. Luckily, he didn't lose it.

Dei: Is it a poison ring?