Chapter 63

Elain got up with a scream, her eyes red and fear written all over her face. Eden pulled away as Ramisu quickly hugged her as tight as he could. She was breathing heavily in order to calm herself down.

Ela: He's here, let me go, he is here!

Rm: Elain, calm down, you are safe now!

Ela: No, none of us is!

Ed: It was Leon.

All of them turned to Eden in shock.

Am: Explain yourself.

Tears started rolling down Elain's face. Panic had overtaken her.

Ed: He was there, I don't know what they have been talking about, I took her out right away.

Ramisu took Elain's face in his hands.

Rm: Elain, look in my eyes. It was a nightmare, it is over now.

Elain shook her head continuously.

Rm: Listen to me.

Ed: It did not seem like a nightmare.

Alyssa, having absorbed too much of Elain's aura, was now weakened. Amel came behind her a put a hand on her shoulder.

Am: You need to leave.

As: I will not leave her.

Dei: Go, mother. I will stay with her.

Elain pushed Ramisu away.

Ela: All of you must go out. You are not safe next to me.

Rm: Elain, listen to me.

Ela: No! You listen to me. This was not a nightmare, it was nothing similar to that. He told me how he had been having a rough time crashing my shields, he told me he would never leave me!

Dr: He can't do that simply through the amount of venom she had from him. It does not make any sense. Why now?

Am: Elain, look at me. Have you reached out to him?

Ela: What?!

Rm: Amel, please, it has nothing to do with her.

Ed: Stop it all of you. Can't you see the state she is in now? We are only making her more anxious. She is telling the truth, it was not a nightmare, nor was it something similar to what a sire-bond can do.

As: Black magic...

Deianeira suddenly remembered the moment she felt an intense black spell in Leon's fortress, not too long after Damaris had taken Elain with him.

Dei: Fool...back at Leon's fortress I did feel black magic being used. Elain, don't you remember anything??

Elain looked at her clueless.

Ela: I only remember a lot of blood and Ramisu coming in that room.

As: I will search for other stones, I will come back right away.

Ela: No, you don't understand. You have to stay away, I don't know what Leon can do.

Rm: We will not leave you.

Ela: Ramisu! It all makes sense now, can't you see it?? The moments when I spaced out, the fragments I cannot remember, even half of the meeting with the council is missing from my memory...I do not even remember what happened after I got my sword back! Everything must have been because of him.

Ed: You've been spacing out?!

Ela: I heard him loud and clear, he told me he never left me and he will never leave, he asked me to keep it a secret, I felt it almost like an order, he called me his daughter and that...