Chapter 20

Ramisu & Elain

Ramisu & Elain

*****

Elain woke up and found herself on Ramisu's cold chest, under the blankets. The fire had long died and the room was cold, but she felt warm under the blanket. Remembering the past night, she felt her cheeks getting red and she could not hide her smile looking at Ramisu, tracing his features with her fingers, barely touching him. She could still not believe that she had finally given in to her heart. She did not have any regrets and she did not feel uncomfortable exposed in front of him anymore. Ramisu was someone in front of whom she was not afraid to be weak, with all her secrets out in the open.

She took a closer look at him and realized it was the first time seeing him sleeping. She had seen him resting before, but now he was in a deep sleep and she did not want to move and wake him up, so she just stood there, watching closely every detail of his pale face. Outside, she could see only white. For a second, she wondered how they would go back home, but she figured that Ramisu would carry her in his arms; she could count on him even for such small issues. Another hour passed and he finally opened his eyes, puling Elain closer to his chest and kissing her forehead.

Rm: 'Morning. How did you sleep?

He brushed his hair.

Ela: Morning? The sun is about to set.

Rm: Strange. I don't usually sleep this much. I do not know why I was so tired.

Ela: You deserve a break.

Rm: This was no break, I assure you. I only wanted you to feel comfortable.

Ela: Everything was perfect.

Rm: I am relieved. I do not want to leave this bed, let us just stay here some more hours.

Ela: This is fine for me but...

Rm: Armand will take care of everything. That is the task I assigned him with before sending him away.

Elain snuggled her head in the crack of his neck, that was all that she needed to hear.

When Deianeira woke up, she found herself alone in the poorly lit room. She pulled the curtains and saw the forest covered in snow. She smiled to herself and saw with the corner of her eyes the diary still lying on the floor. She took it in her arms and dusted it, but, as she was looking through its pages, she grew more and more impatient.

Dei: Where is it? It must be here.

She searched once again, but she found nothing.

Dei: I know for sure I left it here. No, no, I can't lose it.

She threw the notebook on the bed and started searching around. She threw the pillows and bedsheets on the floor, she scattered the jewels on the table, but the lace was nowhere to be found. She found herself pacing, tears appearing on the corners of her eyes.