Chapter 90

In a second it was all over. The girl's breath was racing as her body started burning from inside. She felt her heart exploding as her veins were on fire, stopping the blood from circulating and traveling fast to her lungs. Deianeira grabbed her hand as she pressed on it tight because of the pain. Malior sat across the bed, watching from afar with great interest. Terrion had left the house, waiting at the entrance while Elain watched Deianeira closely. Tiny blood trails poured from her mouth as Deianeira's venom spread from her right wrist into her bloodstream. Having drunk her blood, Deianeira saw all of her memories before her time of dying, and how the vampire that killed her family made her witness all the murder and the rape of her sister. He did not care for constraining, as it was more fun to have them suffer and beg. Dei saw how he forced himself on her already wounded body and how she beat her up for disobeying him and trying to protect her younger sister. He did not care about her transformation. She did not obey him, therefore she deserved to live in madness, but Deianeira felt something else: a burning wish for revenge and death, as the girl managed to stab the vampire off her with a dagger found on the bed.

Dr: Stop now. It is enough. You did great.

After Deianeira finished also forcing her blood down her throat, she got away from the bed, licking the blood off her lips and then wiped the rest with her hand.

Dei: So sour, but it gave me some energy.

All the whole time, Elain stood there and watched carefully all of her sister's steps. She was not sure what she should feel, she was proud of her sister, but she could not ignore the gulp in her throat. She felt thankful for having too weak a blood. She had to admit she would never be able to have someone transformed by herself. She saw the girl giving her last breath and heard the last beating of her weak heart.

Ml: Dei, what did you see? Who is she?

Deianeira leaned on the wall, folding her hands.

Dei: I heard her parents calling her Rihanna. The vampire broke into their house, butchered everyone and raped her sister. She opposed him so he decided that she deserved a harder punishment, by leaving her fall into madness. She managed to stab the vampire, who crawled out of the house bleeding, letting her in the bed to die or to go insane. He did not look back not even once.

Ela: He must have already died in the fight. She has been revenged. Now all we can do is wait.

Dei: I only wish his blood was on one of my blades or on my arrows. For his own sake, I wish he is dead. Malior, grab Rihanna. There is nothing left for us here.

Terrion opened the door for Malior to go with Rihanna.

Ela: Is there something wrong, Terrion?

Tr: No. the place was getting too crowded and I considered it wise to give you some space. Are you alright? We should go back quickly.

Ela: I am perfectly fine. Let us go.

Deianeira passed by Terrion, fixing him with her cold eyes.

Dei: Did you search the surroundings? Is it safe for now?

Terrion bowed his head.

Tr: The path is safe, my Lady.

Dei: Malior, let us rush to the camp.

Deianeira has started running when she grabbed Malior's arm.

Dei: There is something I didn't do.

Ml: What did you forget?

Deianeira grabbed her bow and lit the shaft of the arrow. She fired the arrow straight at Rihanna's house. The house caught fire in a few seconds and it spread quickly to all of the rooms.