Chapter 116

Amel & Alyssa

Amel & Alyssa

*****

Isabelle's last words seemed like distant echoes, as the girls slowly closed their eyes and let themselves drawn into the deepest sleep they had ever had. They only opened their eyes when they felt as if they had slept for weeks, but they did not find themselves back at home, in their beds, next to Ramisu and Darion; not even next to the Warlock.

They found themselves in the middle of a fight in the woods. They instinctively grabbed each other's hands when they saw a pair of swords leashing at them, but the vampires went right through them, as if they were not even there. They looked at each other confused and then heard a voice they knew very well. They saw Alyssa shouting at her men to fall back, shooting arrow after arrow, creating barrier after barrier, trying to give them time to run. Her messy blond bun, with strands of hair falling here and there and her fierce green eyes almost convinced the girls that they were actually looking at Deianeira. Alyssa did not seem older than seventeen years old.

Seeing her wild way of fighting and how she kept running forward, while her men ran away, brought a smile on Elain's face; Amel was right, she was indeed as reckless as her mother. They saw her fall, but getting back right after, refusing to give up and they saw the twin-necklaces sticking out of her blouse, which only made their smiles widen. They could not talk or move, but they quickly understood they had been thrown back into the past, witnessing one of the fights between Amel's vampires and Alyssa's priestesses and allies.

It took only one blink to be thrown back into darkness and losing each other's grip. When they opened their eyes again, they found themselves back in the woods, only this time there was no fight. The vampires stood at their left, while the priestesses stood at their right. Amel and Alyssa were in front of their troops, only a few meters away from each other. Elain was next to Amel and Deianeira stood next to Alyssa. They could not hear what they were saying, but Elain could feel Amel's interest towards Alyssa, he knew she was his soulmate and she felt his determination to do anything to have her. Deianeira grabbed her mother's hand and felt her anger, her frustration for having to drop her weapons in front of Amel, to call herself defeated, but she felt her wish to protect her kin much stronger than her own ego.

They all disappeared like the mist and they turned around to see their parents arguing in what seemed to be Alyssa's chambers. They saw Alyssa's flame ready to burn Amel, but Amel grabbed Alyssa's wrist and did not care about the burn she had caused him. Tears kept falling from her eyes and she kept trying to escape from Amel's grip, but he only held her in his arms and did not move an inch until she calmed down.

The walls fell around them and their parents disappeared again, making way for a new scenery to reveal in front of their eyes. They were once again next to each other and grabbed their hands, smiling at Amel and Alyssa who were now kissing on the balcony of what seemed to be their chambers. They could feel their love for each other, they knew for sure that, by that time, Alyssa had come to realize that Amel was her soulmate too. They wanted to run to them, hug them, shout at them, telling them to love each other each and every day, knowing what hardships they would soon have to face. But as soon as Amel pulled off the strips of her dress, the image turned to pitch dark again.