Chapter 86

Deianeira & Darion

Deianeira & Darion

*****

In an instant, the boys were gone, leaving Elain behind. She put her sword in the ground and played the waiting game. Elain lifted her head from the tilt when hordes of vampire hunters got closer to her, passing her by, not giving her any attention, focused only on their targets. She pulled out her sword and started slashing right and left, not caring about her safety. She wanted to slaughter as much as she could, hoping the boys would have still gotten their headstart. Silver arrows were fired at her, some hitting her in her neck and forearm, but she only clenched her sword tighter. Her lightning surrounded her sword, as she jumped over the dhampirs who fired arrows at her.

Rm: She is hurt again. I have to get back.

Dr: You have to keep running. They are not after her. If you go back, her sacrifice will be in vain.

Rm: I don't want to run anymore.

Ramisu stopped in his tracks.

Rm: She needs me. She is hurt.

Ed: And she needs you too. Alive. Now understand the situation and for once think. We will lose our headstart.

Rm: You can't tell me what to do.

Dr: Then stay behind and get killed. The vervain is clouding your judgement, you still haven't completely absorbed it.

Ramisu clenched his teeth.

Dr: Trust her. Now, let us run.

Elain was enjoying her fight, getting completely lost in the sounds of the battle, as the sword was her only ally. She was clearly outmatched and the silver started slowing her down, but she did not stop. She was now the hunter hunting her prey: the hunters. She knew she would be out of energy soon, as the fluorite had released his energy in her last battle. The crystal got a little scarred in the battle, but she did not feel Leon's presence yet. She felt Ramisu very tired and she figured out they were all close to passing out, therefore she abandoned her hunt and went for the boys. She only outmatched them with less than an hour headstart. As soon as she found the boys almost collapsed, she threw herself by their side, slit her wrists open and fed Ramisu and Eden who were closer to her.

Ela: They will be here soon. I am sorry, I couldn't kill all of them.

Dr: You did your best.

Ela: I will come to you in a minute. Hang in there. Where is Dei? Did you talk to her?

Darion's eyes were almost closed and he found it difficult and painful to utter a word.

Dr: Close.

Ela: Stay awake! Don't you dare make me carry you.

Darion only nodded, but they all knew he would not stay awake. He was slowly drifting in a vampire coma, a very deep sleep out of which not many could wake up by themselves.