Chapter 30

Darion & Deianeira

Darion & Deianeira

*****

Ela: Deianeira!!

Darion dodged him and jumped after Deianeira without giving a second though and, realizing he was going for Deianeira, Lyserg snapped out of his schock caused by her fall.

Lsg: Don't you touch her!

Where was Deianeira's protective man? Where was the sweet Lyserg that fought against his own parents to save her? Where was the love and when was it replaced with madness? Ever since Lyserg felt Darion on his lands, his thoughts were to take Deianeira away from him and he did not care how or whom he should oppose to make sure he would not lose her, his only goal was to take her far away from him. All of these brought his soulmate to her death, but Lyserg, in his madness, still only cared about keeping Darion away.

Though her fall had been slowed down by the branches of the trees she hit, it had not been enough for Darion to catch her and she hit the ground, the last voice she heard being Elain's cry. Darion had been only a few seconds too late, but they have been enough to change the course of her fate, his hands now trembling as he touched her face and his vision blurred by his tears. He feared calling her, because he expected no answer.

Dr: Dei...Dei, please.

He carefully took her in his arms, still sitting on the ground and he could feel she was alive, but he knew it was a matter of minutes before he would lose her.

Dr: Deianeira, please, don't make me do it. Please, open your eyes.

Lsg: Get away from her!

Ev: Lyserg, don't!

They all followed the three of them and Elive tried to stop him, but it was too late. With one slight move, Eden, who had jumped at the same time with Lyserg, pushed his sword in his back through his chest, only inches away from his heart, and  Lyserg dropped the sword  that he was about to use to slice Darion's neck.

Ev: Lyserg!

As he fell down on his knees, he took one more look at Deianeira and saw her covered in blood, his eyes came back to their purple and tears rolled down his cheeks. Elive rushed to his side, but fainted seconds after having touched him and, getting weaker with every second, Lyserg fell on one side, facing Deianeira in Darion's arms. Eden's sword was still in his chest and Ramisu wanted to attack him, but Elain pulled him back by his arm and stood between them.

Rm: That was by no means NECESSARY! Why did you do it?!

Ed: He would have killed Darion, I would never allow this to happen! He asked for it.

Ela: No, Ramisu, he had to do it, one way or another Lyserg had to be stopped, we don't need more blood spilled.

Rm: Your sister is already dying, her life is fading away and you blame me for wanting to save him?! Lyserg was the only one who backed me up all these years, that list of allies you have seen is not only my doing, he contributed equally. This shouldn't have happened to him, he was just influenced by all the people in his life: starting from me, his parents, Eva...He loved her sincerely, he is not a monster.