Chapter 43

Eden

Eden

*****

Ed: Come on! Hit harder! I know I am a challenge, but don't let me win so easily.

Their swords crashed with a loud sound.

Ela: You asked for it.

This was their favourite way of communicating and Elain was asking herself why it couldn't always stay that way. They did not need words to express their feelings, their swords usually did that for them, their state of mind reflecting in the hits; and that was exactly what Eden paying attention to today. She seemed tired, but also uneasy when it came to her hits, like her sword would not move when she used it and her reacting time was slower than usually, he couldn easily block her hits. It was almost too easy. With another hit, his sword pushed Elain to the ground, getting her fingers cut by her blade; the smell of her blood filled the air.

Ed: Are you alright?

He rushed to her and gave her his hand.

Ed: What's wrong with you today?

Having noticed that he got some blood on his hand, his senses went wild and his eyes turning red.

Ela: I am fine, I think I am just tired.

She wiped her hands on her dress and the colour of Eden's eyes caught her attention, so she put her hand on his arm and took a closer look at him.

Ela: Are you alright? Did you feel something?

She then looked around, thinking that Eden had felt a threat, but she did not feel anything.

Ed: Get away from me!

The way he pushed her away not only confused but also startled her and caused her heart beat faster, her blood to rush and Eden to feel its call stronger.

Ed: I want you to stay away. Wasn't I clear?

Ela: No, it is not clear. What have I done wrong?

The strength he grabbed her hand with made more blood drop. He was afraid of following Lyserg in his madness, but he could not stay away either.

Ed: Your blood, Elain. It...it's making me go crazy.

Completely unaware of the power her blood had on him, the puzzled look on her face made herself even more attractive to him.

Ela: You felt my blood so many times before. Are you that hungry now?

Ed: Before I hadn't taste it, but now I am going crazy for it...just like him.

Ela: Who are you talking about?

Ed: Have you forgotten about him already? Well, I haven't since I was the one that killed him a few months ago.

Ela: Is this about Lyserg? You are nothing like him, you should trust yourself more. If you really need blood, just take it.

Ed: Would you actually let me?