Chapter 96

Deianeira ran with Eden and in a couple of minutes the very same Darion was standing in front of the tent, breathing in their smell. The fact that she was with Eden intrigued him. He went to Eden's tent and felt the smell stronger, realizing that Dei had stayed there. He laughed, knowing that Deianeira was doing everything in her power to avoid him, fearing him, or that is what he believed. The next three days passed with Eden and Deianera avoiding Darion and Elain still in her deep sleep in Amel's tent. Ramisu had not gone out, and he made sure that no one dared to come in his tent, refusing all the bottles brought to him. Sometimes he cried in silence, looking at what he had done. He felt ashamed of himself and then he really understood what a bloodlust of a pure-blood was. It was late at night when Deianeira and her team were on the training fields, competing against each other at aiming targets throughout the forest. The camp still remained in the same spot, as Amel had ordered for no one to move until both Darion and Elain were ready. Eden was not with her during their trainings and when she felt Darion getting closer with heavy slow steps, she told her men that the training had to end earlier. She had not seen or spoken to him in the past couple of days and, thinking that his awakening must be close, she decided to face him once again and try reason with him.

Dr: It's been a while. How come you did not run away from me this time?

She understood he was not yet back to himself.

Dei: It is time for you to be put down. With or without your consent.

She could feel how angry he was and, most importantly, how hungry for her blood he was. It reminded her of the days when she was dependent on his blood, as a newborn. Darion grinned, as he kept getting closer to her.

Dr: Put down? If you want to be put down, I can do that.

But he did not get to take more steps, as a barrier of energy surrounded him.

Dei: I should have done this from the very beginning. I hoped you would come to your usual self sooner, but I have no more time to wait.

Dr: Silly girl, do you think this tamed fire will hold be back?

Before Deianeira could talk back to him, Darion jumped through the fire and she felt part of his energy kicking her. Though it was an insignificant amount of energy to Darion, to Deianeira it seemed as if she had slept for days. She dodged him at the last second.

Dr: Are we playing now?

Dei: By my rules.

One more barrier surrounded Darion and Deianeira felt his anger increasing. He did not waste time, walking through the flames once more. With each barrier he walked through, Deianeira's power increased, as well as the blue fire of her barriers.

Dr: It's enough.

Darion launched at her and, right before hitting her, Eden jumped on him and rolled over, stopping on top of him. Darion kicked him off him and his eyes turned red.

Dr: Mind your own business, Eden.

Ed: You are my business now, Darion. Are you alright Deianeira?

Dei: Just hold him still.

Dr: Don't interfere!

Darion attacked Eden without a second thought, the sound of the swords clashing sending chills down Deianeira's spine. A barrier of energy appeared around Darion, spinning violently and ending with the flames hitting his back, but Darion did not flinch.

Dr: I thought you were my brother, not her caretaker.

Ed: Because I am your brother, I cannot let her get hurt. You won't forgive yourself. I do not know what this stupid curse did to you, but it is time to wake up.