Chapter 14

Rm: Clean up the tables and lock the doors. The banquet is over.

After finishing his glass of blood, he took Elain's hand in his and got up from the table. The banquet had been a success and Ramisu was really pleased with the amount of people that actually joined in such a short notice. He was relieved seeing that, in this war, he will find new allies along the way.

Rm: We should return to our room, Elain. The banquet is over.

Ela: I wished Dei could have stayed longer.

Rm: You will see her soon enough. Don't worry about this right now.

Ela: I hope so.

Rm: Thank you for keeping your calm tonight. I know how much her presence bothered you, but I cannot risk losing her. She was very close to Leon and having her as an ally is very important for us.

Ela: I know, but are you sure we can trust her?

Rm: She is still Leon's favourite, but, in spite of this, Leon does not return her feelings. She does not have a royal status as she wishes. As I told you a few days ago, revenge out of passion is very strong.

Ela: Fine, then.

Though they were heading back to their room, at the last second Ramisu went past it and smiled at Elain's confusion, as he went to the large terrace. Outside, the weather was very cold, but, to Elain's surprise, the terrace was lit with candles. The ivy mixed well with the red candles spread on the floor. A large diwan was placed in the middle, with two red glasses on the table in front of it. He let Elain enter first and closed the door behind him. The cool night of November brought clear sky and all the stars were aligned, so he took off his coat and put it on her shoulders.

Rm: Do you feel cold? I thought the temperature would be proper.

Ela: Everything is perfect. This is so beautiful.

Nobody had given her so much attention before and it was the kind of attention she enjoyed. Ramisu brushed his hair and showed his fangs when he smilled.

Rm: I have a little surprise for you, but you will have to find it. I will give you clues along the way. What do you say?

She seemed excited about the game, already looking around her curiously.

Ela: Give me the first clue.

Rm: It's a box and I have it on me.

Without thinking too much about it, Elain started searching in his pockets impatiently. He found her so cute and naive and he liked it even more that she was like that only in front of him.

Ela: Where is it? It's not in your pockets.

Rm: Where your heart now lies.

He grabbed her hand and put it on his heart, next to the pocket.

Rm: Isn't it mine?

She answered him with her kind smile and pulled out from the pocket the golden little box with a chamomile on it.

Rm: My gift for you. Open it.

She opened it, holding her breath. Inside, there was a small white-gold ring, with a big, oval stone on it.

Rm: I know you like this dark-blue colour. So? Are you just going to stay there?

The crystal was shining under the moonlight and Elain had run out of words as she was staring at the beautiful ring.