Chapter 62

Elain

Elain

*****

Ela: How could you do that? I know things are different now, but you knew very well how I felt at that time.

Rm: Ela, you chose it by yourself, you loved it. I couldn't bring myself to tell you the truth, but this sword has been with you in so many battles and it is your family's sword. I thought you would feel proud when...

Ela: I would have never used it, had I known whom it belonged to. All this time I've been using the sword of someone I used to hate.

Dei: Used to and still do are very different things, Elain. Stop it already.

Ela: You will have to step aside this time, this has nothing to do with you.

Dei: It has since you involved our parents. I see that you do not like it that it belonged to Amel, but Ela this goes to show how similar you actually are in your decisions, in your actions. You kept on wondering what you still had in common with them, I tell you now: your way of acting and thinking.

Rm: Deianeira, I think we should figure this out on our own. Now, if you excuse us, we were going to our room.

She put a hand on Elain's shoulder, but she shrugged it off.

Ela: I don't need your pity. I will keep using the sword, it is not about whom it belongs to anymore but about Ramisu's lie.

Dei: Pity? Why would you think I pity you for this? I would feel proud.

Ela: Of course you would. What do you actually understand? You understand nothing, you don't know how I feel.

Rm: Elain, you are not being yourself. Don't talk like that.

Ela: Unlike you, I do say what I think.

Dei: What don't I understand, Elain? What do I keep missing? I thought you would be more open to our parents, but it is actually the other way around.

Ela: I would have been more open if I had whom to open up to!

Dei: You have me, you can talk to me, you have Ramisu, even Darion or Eden.

Ela: NO, no, no! See?! You don't understand. How can I open in front of Amel and Alyssa if they were not even as welcoming as Leon was.

Rm: Welcoming?

Both Ramisu and Deianeira felt Elain's pure anger at all of them, it was the first time she snapped in such an uncontrollable way.

Dei: Because of him you died! What did our parents do so wrong? They did everything to protect us, Elain. Leon is your death.

Ela: Yes, he is my death, he is our worst enemy and still he seemed happier than them.

Rm: Elain! Stop talking like this, how can you say such words? We almost lost you girls at his fortress.