Chapter 36

Darion & Deianeira

Darion & Deianeira

*****

As if trying to get more of her, Darion was lying on bed with Deianeira on his chest, caressing her hair and doing his best not to squeeze her in his arms, but, when he felt her moving, he quickly got up and let her think she had been sleeping by herself.

Dei: You can't sleep either?

Dr: I don't need to sleep now. How are you feeling?

Dei: Confused, betrayed, scared...accustoming to the new changes.

Dr: I know it will take some time to adapt to this new life. I am sorry.

Dei: For saving my life? You regret this?

Dr: I only regret you lost the other one.

Dei: I lost it because I was not properly trained for the battles I had to carry. And that vampire hunter did have a lot of experience, I didn't match him.

Dr: I am sorry about that as well. I should have trained you instead of wasting time.

Dei: Please, stop blaming it only on yourself. I did not train with Lyserg; I only learned to use my powers better from...

Dr: Her diary, I know. Dei you have come a long way, I have seen it in your memories, in your battles. I have seen how the people there learned to respect and protect you because you never considered yourself above them. These are the qualities of a leader.

Dei: I wish I could have done more for them than just heal them. I hope my parents treat people with more respect than what I have seen there, but I knew straight away that I will need to learn to defend myself from Lyserg, but you were always in my heart Darion. I hid the lace from him, I called you, or at least so I tried.

Once again, tears threatened to fill her eyes and she was all over the place, having Lyserg on her mind, but craving for Darion's touch.

Dei: I feel so numbed by everything that has happened.

Despite his intention to reach and caress her face, he changed his mind and put his hand down.

Dr: You have too many things to think about right now. I saw everything that happened and I have heard you when you called for me. Now I am here, and I will never leave you again even if you ask me to. This is something I know for sure.

Dei: I need time to heal my soul, Darion. I am overburdened and this awakening makes me even more confused, I do love you more but...

Dr: Say no more. I don't intent to force you to tell me that you love me, I know that. I don't want to force myself on you, you will get as much time as you need. Alright?

Dei: Thank you, and also for not taking advantage of me when I was first awakened.

Dr: You know me better than that.