Chapter 77

Eden heard a knock at his door and knowing for sure it was Rubia the one behind it he hurried and opened it. The moment he saw her in her red straight dress, with a cut on her right leg starting from above the knee, his eyes remained locked on her. She was holding two black masks, one with feminine curves and the other one was in a rectangular shape. She took his hand, trying to pull him after her.

Rb: How much longer will you let me wait? Let us go

He did not move.

Ed: I am not in the mood for balls, Rubia.

Rb: I can't handle all the men forcing their roses on me, Eden. Take this as a favour, won't you do that for me?

Her words kept sounding in his mind and imagining the men around her small figure he felt anger overtaking him. Rubia bit her lip to hold her smile.

Rb: Here.

She tied her ribbon around his wrist and the rectangular-like mask on his face. She then put hers too and took his hand again, but Eden would not move.

Rb: Why?

Ed: I need to change.

He went back in his room, leaving Rubia smiling to herself. The fact that till then she had been staying with her coven, keeping all men away was just a small detail Eden did not need to know. As long as she could take him to the ball, she did not care for the ways. Eden came back wearing black pants and a dark red shirt, matching her dress. He put his mask back on and gave her his arm.

 He put his mask back on and gave her his arm

Ed: Let us go.

When the recital was over, the coupled ended their dance with a deep bow to the floor while they applauded the orchestra for ten minutes straight. The candles were lit as Deianeira and Elain were signaled by a pair which had taken its place on the thrones

As: Our dear friends, it is almost midnight and I am sure that by now you did manage to find a suitable partner with whom to spend this beautiful night. Have all the ribbons been tied and all the roses given?

In the crowd a murmur was heard as the last pairs were started to form.

As: Hurry up, because there are more surprises to come.