Chapter 50

Elain

Elain

*****

Deianeira hit her head against the fireplace, causing drops of blood to fall from her mouth. Amun grabbed her from behind, holding her tight and Darion stopped Leon from running to Ramisu, acting as a shield and taking all of Leon's force who crashed him into the wall. They kept attacking him from all the sides of the room, not allowing him a second to focus and use his powers on them; Deianeira's barriers of energy had also helped weaken him enough to make it difficult for him to cope.

L: You are a failure! You turned against your father for a woman and brought your brother down with you!

Dr: You might be our creator, but you are not our father! You stole our lives and murdered our families and everything because you simply wanted to!

Leon bit his shoulder, but Darion hit his stomach and threw him off him.

Dr: You have no allies now, everyone betrayed you, Leon! You will lose this war.

L: Do you think Amel will accept you, boy?! He will have you killed without asking any question! No matter where you will go, people will know as MY son. Who will you turn to when everyone will want your head? How will you look Eden in the eyes when you will face death?

Dr: With pride for having done the right thing: stopping you, mad man!

Eden put Elain's hand down.

Ed: Ramisu, we did the best we could do, but it's over; the turning has already begun. You have to do it now!

His body was shaking with rage,  all this time he had been trying to keep her alive, waiting for her to ask to be turned by him, and now he risked either losing her to Leon, or to madness. His train of thoughts was ended when Eden shook him strongly.

Ed: You have to be there for her, you have to turn her now!

Rm: There is too much venom left!

Ed: We will have to hope for the best. If you can't pull yourself together, then I will do it, I will not lose her to him!

Without giving it a second thought, Ramisu slit his wrist and the blood down Elain's throat. She was numbed by Leon's venom and no reaction to it, she had never imagined her body would shut down in an instant only for her to stop feeling the pain. She had had other vampires feeding from her, but his bite was pure fire to her almost venomless blood and as soon as his venom had reached her organs, they had started failing one by one; Ramisu's blood did little to her heart, only helping her to stay alive for a few more minutes, enough for his venom to kick in as well. She felt herself light as a feather and, when her veins started burning again from Ramisu's venom, she did not even have the power to move or scream; the darkness she felt floating above her started taking its toll and she started gasping for air.

The sound of Darion's crashed ribs could be heard even despite the chaos around them, having been sent by Leon into a wall. The short distraction nonetheless gave Eden time to impale Leon in the neck with his sword and he removed it only to fall on the floor, tired after the fight due to Deianeira's barriers of energy and the silver tip of the swords.