Chapter 23

Eden

Eden

Darion

Darion

*****

There they were, right before her eyes, those who in less than a season had changed their whole life. She was not sure if she felt hatred and repulse, or relief to see them there alone. Lying was the capital sin to her and yet she could not deny that she had hoped for them to listen to Ramisu and turn against Leon.

Rm: I was wondering when you would reach the mansion. It is pretty late, Elain could barely keep her eyes open. 

The boys looked at Elain as her aura had changed since their last encounter, she was no longer the innocent girl they had left behind, Eden looking at her belt where her sword used to hang at. Her blood smelled different and the boys knew immediately about their imprint. Eden almost cursed in his thoughts. He kept telling himself he had expected it, but the truth was he had hoped for it not to happen.

Dr: Thank you for you warm welcoming. No one stood in our way after we crossed your border.

Rm: I have received your message and I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised with the news.

Ela: You knew they were coming?

Rm: I was informed last week and I told my men to let them pass without any incidents.

She kept looking at each of them as they were talking, unsure about how to react and still angry for what they had done, but so relieved to see them again. She wished she could first hurt them and them hug them tight.

Ed: Ramisu, do you happen to have some bottles ready for us? We are pretty hungry and we did not hunt many animals on the way.

Rm: Of course, follow me.

But Elain grabbed his hand, stopping him on his way.

Ela: No, wait, won't you explain anything to me? Why did you hide this from me? And what are you doing here?

Rm: You had not recovered yet and I was not sure about your reaction.

She stared at Darion, not sure if she wanted to slap him again or thank him for proving her wrong.