Chapter 42

Eden & Elain

Eden & Elain

*****

Eden opened his eyes only to find Elain kissing him, but she pulled away when she felt him coming back to his usual self.

Ed: What happened?

Ela: You are awake now, that's such a relief!

She hugged him tight, but, aware that Darion and Deianeira were also watching, she let go and got up fast. Most of the witches dead and the girls hurt certainly left an impression with the boys.

Dr: Will you ever forgive me for what I did to you?

Dei: Only if you finish them.

Those withces that were still breathing were only half alive, clinging to every ounce of energy they could gather. Darion and Eden picked up the ritual daggers and approached them; anger was too mild a word to describe their feelings.

Ed: You made the biggest mistake of your life.

Dr: We know your coven. You might be one of the strongest, but there is one thing stronger than you: priestess blood. I will make you pay for everything you made us do to them.

Their cold stares were focused only on revenge and, with quick moves, they impaled the witches over and over again before implanting the daggers in their hearts. They wanted to make it as slowly as possible, so the girls let them finish them off while picking up their weapons

Dr: Deianeira, do you mind giving a helping hand?

Dei: My pleasure.

In an instant, barriers of fire appeared around the lair again, setting fire to the altar and the shelves with boxes and books. It was over and the witches had paid with their lives for their horrible deeds; they could finally continue their travel to the Yranam Lands.

In the next few days, Elain did everything to avoid talking with or about Eden as she was not sure if she felt only guilt for having hurt Ramisu's feelings or fear of having hurt her relationship with Eden. Her love for Ramisu had no doubt, but she could not take her mind away from the kiss from the witches' lair and, when she returned from her hunt, she simply grabbed her sister by the hand and pulled her away from Darion.

Dei: Alright, I am all yours now; talk to me. I have been expecting that for quite a few days now.

Ela: I have only one question. How far does the blood bond go? What can you feel about Darion? I need a vampire's point of view.

Dei: All I can tell you is that everything is heightened. If Darion kisses me, it's passion. It is beyond what I have felt with Lyserg.

Ela: Alright, alright, but what I need to know is if you can feel when he....kisses someone else.

Dei: I do feel.

Pacing back and forth, her sister let out a heavy sigh and ran a hand through her hair, her heartbeats now increased.