Chapter 88

Caleb

Caleb

Arion 

Arion 

Malior

Malior

*****

Elain did not waste any more time in choosing her next two men, and both accepted right away with the same honour Terrion did. Caleb, a man in his thirties, with dark green eyes, his dark-gray hair falling down to his neck and always wearing a red bandana on his forehead and Arion, a man who seemed older than both Terrion and Caleb, with dark blue eyes, short blonde and slightly curly hair. She had fought beside them before, she had had duels against both of them and the fact that she lost as many times as she won only proved her they were fit to guard her. Terrion was to be Elain's right hand, Caleb - the most reckless one, a sucker for danger and the one who would not have second thoughts on giving his life for their cause, and Arion - her voice of rationality, the one who would cease the fire when it burned too high and the one who did not need many words to make his point.

Since Darion had not woken up and still feeling angry after the meeting with Oryn, Deianeira decided to head for the witches and check if they needed her energy in maintaining the cloak. Through the bond, she felt Elain very happy and she presumed that what Ramisu told her had come true. Elain had picked her first men. She whispered a congrats to her sister and then tried to push her anger back.

'Dei: Who does he think he is? Talking to me like that! I will show him sweet Lady. I will kill him with my arrow next time.'

Lost in her thoughts, she did not notice the road she was walking on. Her feet had brought her to the archers training ground out of routine. From afar, he heard Oryn's voice instructing his archers to shoot their arrows. Within a second, she heard arrows flying her way. She dodged some of them which were shot too far, but some were heading her way. She caught some in her hands while an arrow was shot right in front of her, lowering the one that went straight at her heart.