Chapter 100

Elain

Elain

Deianeira

Deianeira

*****

Tr: Another one to my list.

Terrion pushed the blade deep inside the vampire's chest.

Tr: I lost count, Arion. They keep on attacking us.

Ar: I know, but Elain controls her lightning very well, stunning them and making it easier for us to kill them.

Next to them, Elain drove her sword in the vampire's heart, turning him to ashes. The vampire had managed to land a hit in her back, but she managed to keep on fighting and tripped him into falling on his back. She felt no remorse claiming another life for her sword.

Ela: Why have you stopped? Are you badly injured?

Ar: Don't you need to rest? Your lightning and Amel's keep on colouring the sky.

Elain suddenly turned her head towards Deianeira's direction, leaving Arion's question unanswered.

Ela: Hang in there. I am coming.

Dei: Just...hurry.

Before Elain could take one step, she heard the whiz of an arrow passing by her ear, missing her, and stopping in Arion's heart. Elain felt as if everything was unraveling in slow motion, the couple of seconds it took Arion to fall to his knees felt like painful hours. She rushed at his side, caught him in her arms and let herself fall with him. Terrion and Caleb protected them. She quickly bit her wrist and put it at his mouth, but his own blood had already started falling from his mouth. He weakly shook his head.

Ela: No, no, it's not too late, drink!

She put a hand over the wound, trying to heal it with her blood, but he put his hand over hers.

Ar: My son...Iannis...he is alone, please...

Ela: Stop, don't talk. I will take care of him, I swear to you, just don't die on me. Terrion, help him get up!

She had not realized her tears were already covering her face.

Ar: I would have followed you to the end, my leader, my princes.