Chapter 71

Amel & Alyssa

Amel & Alyssa

Deianeira

*****

As: Didn't expect to find you here, I figured you went to the throne room to check that all our guests have been carefully placed into their rooms. Elain is calmer now, with Rubia around her. She seems to manage all this dark energy surrounding us.

Amel did not lift his head from all the maps spread across his table.

Am: They have all been given food and rooms to rest, but I had to check some last details before...

As: Leaving again?

Am: I am afraid that this time it is for a longer period.

As: You are leaving us?! Your daughters need you, Amel, now more than ever. Elain is still not safe and Deianeira has been sleeping for two days straight now.

Alyssa put her hands on the table with a thud.

Am: I should have left even earlier, but I stayed behind for them. I cannot wait anymore, Alyssa. My men need me, they seek for my guidance. The battle has began, whether we like it or not.

As: But your daughters need you too.

Am: I am of no use here, Alyssa. The only way I can help them is being there. You know this.

As: When are you leaving?

Am: Tonight. The servants are already packing my belongings. Darion and Ramisu will follow me.

Alyssa turned around and let out a sigh out of anger.

As: Can't you leave them here until our daughters get better? You know they are dependent on them and having Ramisu and Darion with them will make them feel reassured. They have been through a lot, Amel, and the curse will not be easy to break.

Am: How do you expect the sons of Leon to lead Amel's armies if they don't have my support? I have to keep them with me, I have to show everyone they are people who can be trusted and follow them as their leaders when the time will come.