Chapter 104

Deianeira

Deianeira

*****

Elain followed the presence of her father down in the catacombs. The torches on the walls light the way but the ceiling was so tall that the light failed to touch it, throwing only a few shadows here and there. Leon was facing the massive stone tomb covered in gold engravings, meant to tell the deceased's story. It was almost as tall Elain and she was not sure why it made her feel scared. Leon grabbed her hand gently, encouraging her to approach it.

Ln: Don't hesitate, Elain, you are part of the family now. He's been waiting for you even longer than I have.

Elain touched the cold stone with the tips of her fingers, tracing the foreign engravings.

Ela: Who is here?

Ln: My father, Astaroth, first of his name, the Great Duke of Hell.

Elain did not show any compassion towards Leon's sadness for his dead father. She kept staring at him, as if waiting to be told what to feel and what to say.

Ln: Do you know why I asked you to come here?

She only shook her head.

Leon showed her a wicked smile and brushed her hair.

Ln: Your powers are much greater than you've been told. Your part is not done yet. As soon as your sister will join us, we will be unstoppable.

He turned his gaze back to the tomb.

Darion caressed Deianeira's hair as he held her at his chest, her having finished drinking from his neck. Her grip on the sheets loosened as Darion laid down putting her head on his chest, covering himself in sheets as well. Deianeira's wide smile made him feel very proud. It was late at night, the last battle was knocking at their door and there they were, getting lost in each other again. No matter how many times they would have each other, they would never get enough.

Dei: I don't want to leave you. I can't stand the thought of you being hurt.

Dr: It will be alright. And then, we will be free, without a care in a world. Free to enjoy ourselves, free to...

Deianeira kissed him passionately getting on top of him.

Dei: I love you more than my life.

Dr: you are my life, my precious Deianeira.

Darion kissed the ring he had gifted Deianeira.

Dr: Have you tasted it yet? I went to great lengths to obtain it. It is a special mixture.

Dei: I only smelled it. Almost made me throw up.

Dr: Be careful with it. From my knowledge, you should not take it all from one sip. If you decide to divide it by days, make sure you take enough to cover the tip of the tongue. If you take too much, it might get you killed. But Deianeira, why did you want your vervain to be changed?