Chapter 87

Ed: I will get you into his dream, but you will have to move fast. I am not sure how long I can keep you there in my state.

Dei: Just try it, please.

Ed: Lay down next to him. I will take care of the rest.

Eden placed both hands on them as he drifted away as well.

When Deianeira opened her eyes, she found herself back in the forrest she knew very well. She could see their small house from afar. Darion was lying down on the green grass under the strong shades of the sun, which did not harm it at all.He seemed to be sleeping. Deianeira rushed at his side and gently pressed her lips against him.

Dei: Wake up. I am here now.

Dr: It took Eden a while.

He hugged her and breathed in her scent.

Dr: My hero.

Dei: I thought I was the damsel in distress. I was so used to you saving me.

Dr: It was about time for my fearless lady to come to light.

Dei: You brought it out to light. You watched over the fire until the flames burnt everything around it.

Dr: I knew you would come. I am sorry I couldn't stay awake longer. I wanted to see you kick their asses. You will have to show me.

Dei: While you will sleep, I will start my training. Just don't keep me waiting too long.

Dr: Feed me your blood when you can. That is all I need now.

Dei: I will stay off the vervain. I promise.

When she opened her eyes once again, she found herself back in the tent, next to Darion who now seemed to be sleeping peacefully. She slit her wrist and gave him her blood. Eden got up.

Ed: I guess he is taking his time?

Dei: Yes. I will have to wait a little longer now. Thank you, Eden.

Ed: Don't mention it. Call me if you need me again. I will check on Ramisu.

When Eden went to check on Ramisu, he was already awake, arguing with the witches to let him leave. He wanted to leave when a hand was placed on his shoulder.

Rm: Going without me?

Ramisu looked Eden in the eyes and a faint smile appeared.

Ed: Darion and Deianeira are resting. They will be alright.

Rm: Amel awaits us.

When they entered Amel's tent, Amel was holding Elain's head helping her drink the blood.

Am: She hasn't woken up since Deianeira found her. She was fed with energy, but she needs a lot of blood.

Ramisu sat himself on a chair next to the bed, while Eden stopped at the entrance of the tent.

Am: Tell me what happened.

Amel made a sign with his hand for Eden to join them and both him and Ramisu told Amel everything, making sure not to miss a detail. Amel listened to them very well, but his did not take his eyes off Elain. Hearing how she fought to defend them, how she pushed herself to her limits, despite the silver, the vervain and the great loss of blood, almost made his heart beat again. He had never felt so proud of her and he had to admit to himself that he had truly underestimated her. And he was glad he had been wrong.

Rm: Had it not been for her, we would have never made it till Deianeira's arrival.

Amel nodded, his thoughts far away. He then stood up and faced the boys.