Chapter 85

Elain & Ramisu

Elain & Ramisu

*****

Elain and the boys did not stop at all for one day until they reached the place the wizard had shown her. In a few moments, thirteen hunters stood out of the cloak. Elain saw Ramisu tied up in vervain ropes almost unconscious.

Ela: I am here. Now, release him!

'And you brought us a gift. Darion, Eden, Leon sends his regards.'

Ed: You can tell Leon to take his regards and shove them in...

'I will do this last favour for you. I will take it as your last wish before your death.'

Ela: You already know we have your wizard and, if you want him back, you will not hurt any of us.

'Actually, I think what the wizard said was that you will not be hurt. Nobody said anything about them.'

Ela: Leon wanted to talk to me. Let's get done with this already.

The vampire hunters had already surrounded them, were all staring at Elain, as if searching for something. Being too quick for Darion or Eden to stop him, one of the hunters pulled away the cape from Elain's shoulders, revealing to their eyes her fluorite crystal.

'Ahhh, so that must be. It does match your eyes I must admit, but I am afraid you have to take that off.'

Darion puffed.

Dr: You don't think she is that stupid, do you?

'She is here to speak with Leon. If you want your lover back, take it off, or I will take it myself.'

Ed: Just try!

They all assumed battle positions, ready to fight back.

'Alright, if this is how you want to do it. Grab the princess and kill the others!'

First crossbows were fired, but the boys blocked the arrows with their swords and dodged what they could not foresee, being missed at the last second. The hunter who talked to Elain took his stake and impaled Ramisu when Elain was fighting the vampires with her lightning. They were indeed fast and Elain barely evaded their vervain ropes, being forced to slice one open with her sword. As soon as Ramisu was impaled and his shout was heard in the valley, Elain felt her heart crushed by the pain. Her lightning went from hunter to hunter, piercing their hearts as tears fell from her eyes. The vampire took the stake only to impale Ramisu again, leaving a cross of blood on his chest. Through their bond, Elain could feel that Ramisu was unable to stand on his feet, he felt completely drained of energy and the wound would not even start to close. Being left alone in the battle, she did not sense the vampire hunter which landed an arrow in her back, pushing her to the ground and stepping on her back.

'Just give up the crystal and it will not hurt this much.'

'The others will fall as well.'

Eden and Darion were fighting back to back, but the crossbows were fired from all directions, hitting the boys in their right upper-arms.