Chapter 123

Adam the Warlock

Adam the Warlock

*****

In a couple of months, after many letters sent from Armand to the castle and from Ramisu back to Armand, everything had been torn down, with the exception of Damien's house, and, according to Armand's last letter, some houses had already started being built by the vampires. The castle being too quiet for them, the four of them decided to take a look at how things were going and headed for the Theron Village.

It felt nice to be on the road once again, just the four of them, hunting and racing again. They were thankful for their new worriless life but they had to admit it, they had missed the thrill of a new adventure. Though in Deianeira's case, Alyssa and Amel had started teaching her more about the protocol, diplomacy and war strategies and had started travelling with her around the kingdom, when she would get some free time for herself after the long council meetings, she would either write in her notebook or she would train with her elite. For her, going back to her usual habits was her way of venting off. At least she could spend more time with Darion, as he was present whenever new alliances were formed.

As for Elain, she would spend as much time as possible with Caym and Oryn in order to learn more about the art of strategy but she never forgot to make time for Iannis, let alone for Ramisu. She had never felt so alive. Ramisu could never get bored watching over Elain in silence, letting her make mistakes and rush into things, as her nature would be. He guided her when she asked him to, but he had the patience to let her learn in her own way, just going for it and learning from her own actions.

The village was indeed slowly taking shape. It felt weird to be back there after such a long time. After all, that's where their new lives began, that's where they matured, learned more about themselves than they had ever known. And now they were back, stronger than ever before and ready to turn that place into a home. Deianeira was walking in front with Ramisu, eager to see their little project coming to life. Darion knew she needed space, he knew that she was reliving all those memories, the memories of him. But Deianeira was no longer sad but happy to be given the chance to actually do something for the poor souls that had served her well until the end. Elain was keeping Darion company as they moved deeper into the village. The wellpits had already been dug and the foundations for the houses had already been laid.

Dei: I see that Armand is running things pretty smooth around here.

Rm: Speaking of the devil.

Amd: Ramisu, happy to see you around these parts.

They all met at a crossroad. A shirtless Armand was carrying heavy buckets of water which he brought to the construction site.

Rm: Armand, you rat! You had to take your shirt off, hadn't you?

Ramisu and Armand shook hands.

Amd: I have to make an impression and you know I have the means to do it. Why waste it?