Chapter 76

When the day of the ball arrived, Deianeira and Elain refused to let the boys see their outfits and masks. Deianeira could not be happier seeing Elain smiling all the time and as excited about the party as she was. Elain went as far as to allow Deianeira put makeup on her with almost no protests. She was doing everything she could to make Deianeira smile one more time before leaving.

They all took their outfits in different rooms, joining the ball at different times in order to make sure there was no way of cheating. It was all part of Alyssa's game and they all enjoyed it, even Amel. The ball room was at the first floor and it was decorated in shades of gold and pink. Across the walls, there were tables with food, drinks and blood and the servants were walking around with drinks on plates. They were all dressed the same, in black and red and wearing the same types of masks. There was nothing that resembled with Leon's morbid ball. There were no victims and no bloody marks on the servants. The room was lively and very well lit, so that the humans could enjoy it to the fullest as well. The music was loud and the orchestra was playing cheerful songs.

Alyssa's green dress was drawing everyone's attention. It was tied up behind her neck, exposing her cleavage, and falling heavily to the ground. The dress was beautifully made out of two pieces, as the skirt was made of a veil of a lighter shade and the upper part was made of silk of a darker shade, that was falling to the ground, embracing the veil in beautiful layers. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, with strains of hair falling here and there. Her mask was made of white gold and it embraced butterfly-like ramifications and swills. 

On the opposite, Amel's mask, though made of white gold as well, was square-shaped, perfectly geometrical and slightly wider than his wife's

On the opposite, Amel's mask, though made of white gold as well, was square-shaped, perfectly geometrical and slightly wider than his wife's. He was wearing black pants and an army-like red shirt with thin golden chains sewn in the shirt from his chest to his waist. He was also wearing a short red cape on his left shoulder, tied with a golden chain as well. Similar to all the other men, he was carrying a red rose to be given to his partner as soon as he found her. It was a tradition that he deeply liked.

When Deianeira joined the party, her eyes were staring at everything and she was no longer paying attention to her steps

When Deianeira joined the party, her eyes were staring at everything and she was no longer paying attention to her steps. He long purple dress was strapless, with a heart-shaped satin cleavage full of small precious stones embedded all around the corset, matching her jewelries. From her waist, it fell in layers of flowing veil. Her hive bun was tied with a purple ribbon of satin, leaving curly strains of hair fall on her shoulders. She was wearing a mask of a silver shade full of swirls that resembled a tiara. At her left wrist she was wearing a ribbon like all of the other women, which was purple like her dress and which she had to offer to her partner, once found.