Chapter 57

Amel Yranam

Amel Yranam

Alyssa Yranam

Alyssa Yranam

*****

The closer they got to Amel's lands, the less heavier the atmosphere around them became. They could feel more villages around them as well as more animals to hunt, everyone seemed to be minding their own duties and the presence of vampires did not disturb them. Ramisu explained to the girls that Amel was infamous in the world of vampires because of his own living standards that he and those around them whole-heartedly embraced. He had managed to reach an agreement with the humans, thus disregarding some of the vampire world's rules. He swore to protect all humans living on his lands and around them in exchange for their blood to be given willingly and any vampire who would attack a human would face banishment, no matter the rank or age. To the vampire world, rumours talked about how Alyssa had been the one who changed Amel and made him less ruthless and more caring about the human world. Many vampires did not agree with his vision and decided to join Leon's side who, in contrast to Amel's attempt at leaving in peace, believed that the vampires were the ones to rule the world, while the humans were only willing servants of their cause. The more the twins heard, the more eager they were to meet their parents.

'Stop right there!'

'You have entered the domain of Amel Yranam.'

'Put down your weapons now!'

They had felt the twelve vampires waiting for them at the border long before reaching it, but this had not stopped them, on the contrary, their speed increased as if they were bluntly defying them. They did not protest and let their weapons down.

'You do have some courage to show your face here. Amel did send us notice to wait for you, but I did not believe you would actually dare to come.'

They all felt a very familiar presence as well.

Ela: The Warlock? Is he here?

'Shut up!'

With a small gesture of his hand, the other vampires tied their hands with ropes that had vervain leaves intertwined; they were less than the vampires would usually use for prisoners, but still enough to hold them still and allowing them only to walk. They did not struggle when they were being tied up, nor did they talk unless asked to. they had already discussed it and they were ready to face any risk.