Chapter 32

Serion

Serion

Deianeira Vampire

Deianeira Vampire

*****

Ed: Wake up, it's time to go, it is past midday.

Dr: You've let me sleep too much.

Ed: I tried to wake you up, but your sleep was too deep.

Under the shade of the trees and the heavy winter clouds, they moved freely and fast, reaching Serion's house by midnight. It was a four-floors manor house, safely hidden by the shadow of the mountains and only a few rooms seemed to be lit. As soon as they approached the entrance door, it opened before they could knock and a tall man with light-brown hair with bangs covering his icy-blue eyes and two men's earrings on his left ear, all dressed in black, stood in the door step and showed them a warm welcoming.

Sr: Darion, Eden, my dear friends! What took you so long? I felt you a long time ago.

He saw Deianeira lifeless in Darion's arms, who pushed him away and entered the house.

Sr: Well, her I did not feel. What have you done this time?

Dr: It is a long story.

Sr: I assume you want two rooms. You know I always have rooms ready for you, so go to the...

Ed: Actually, three rooms.

Serion stood out of their way to let them come inside and his mouth remained opened in astonishment, understanding that the girl was not one of Eden's new 'acquisitions'. He blinked twice as to snap out of it.

Sr: Right...three then.

Dr: We know the way.

Skipping the usual courtesy, Darion hurried upstairs with Deianeira and left Serion shouting after him.

Sr: Sure, nice to see you too! It is always such a pleasure to see you two. And you are?

He reached for Elain's hand to kiss it and she agreed to it reluctantly .

Ela: Elain.

Sr: Elain who?

Ela: Just Elain.