Chapter 75 - The Aesthetics of Duality

He wasn't keen on waking her up when she looked so sweet deep in her slumber. He leaned down to give her a fox kiss, something he still had privileges to since it didn't require lips. He softly nuzzled his nose into hers. He hovered his lips over her mouth for a dangerous second before he pulled away and began nuzzling her neck with his nose.

"Mmm, nono cat," she moaned. She grabbed him by his hair over his nape.

Dong Hua froze. He knew from experience there was a high probability this would not end well.

He felt her grip tighten around his hair and was prepared to be thrown across the room. While Dong Hua's full strength easily allowed him to prevent her from doing that, after knowing that she easily got hurt because of him, he had been mindful about not using his full strength with her.

To his surprise he felt himself pulled down abruptly only to land into the soft pillows of her chest. He had been sitting on the bed leaning over her and now his upper body was being completely held down. She wrapped her arms snug around his neck and held him deep into her bosom.

Dong Hua felt completely conflicted by this fortuitous turn of events. Since he needed a few seconds to collect his thoughts, he decided to let the present moment unfold. He closed his eyes and let her soft warmth surround him. Her light scent of peach blossoms invaded his lungs and a small smile formed on his lips. He was so close to her heart. His attunement to her deep breathing lulled him and for moments he was lost in her.

He quietly sighed knowing he should not be like this. This was a form of taking advantage of his little fox and while he was quite shameless at times, he knew his increasing sweet-play had made her uncomfortable. He flashed on the memory of his first bath soak with her where she was half-drunk. When he carried her back to her room he could see that she was in the middle of packing her belongs to leave Tai Chen Palace. His heart ached at the memory of knowing that his little fox was capable of leaving him. It was afterall what Dream Dijun had told her to do if she didn't feel comfortable and respected by him anymore.

He tried to slowly rise from where he was so comfortably nestled but felt a sharp tug which had him involuntarily grunt. He found himself pulled back into her.

"Shhh, jush shleep wish me kitty, I wew geeb you wuhm."

He loved her mushed sleep-talk. And he wished he could stay exactly where he was but he knew he could not. Only magic could save him now.

Dong Hua faded into a blue luminescence and traded in a small pillow into her arms. He sat back on the side of the bed and took in the peaceful image he'd have to soon interrupt.

"Xiao Bai," he called out softly to her. He tugged on the pillow in her arms hoping the movement would wake her.

She slowly opened her eyes while hugging the pillow closer. She blinked at him dazedly a few times.

"Dream Dijun," she said softly while giving him a sleepy smile.

He sighed and smiled back. "Dream who?"

Her eyes seemed to be searching and scanning his face. "Oh," she replied softly. 

"Um, nothing." She looked down at the pillow she was holding. "Oh, I was just saying that I had a dream ... a dream with the cat." She craned her neck to look around her room.

"I thought I was sleeping with the cat but it was just a dream."

"Perhaps, it was here before. When I came in I saw you grabbing and hugging your pillow."

"I don't know why the cat's so cold. He has such long hair, that should keep him warm. But since he's only a kitten I thought I'd keep him cozy."

"You probably kept him very warm and he probably wanted to stay in your arms for the rest of the night. Perhaps I scared him and that's why he left."