Chapter 97 - The Girlfriend

A/N: I know some of you guys were really worried for FJ, that she was going to regress. I know many think she's too innocent. Please know that DH's tender care has really helped her heal and grow. She will always be innocent in a way in this story because she's still very young and it's part of her personality, it's part of what DH really loves about her, too. I don't know how many of you have read "Three Lives Three Worlds, The Pillow Book" by Tang Qi Gong Zi, the novel on which the show Eternal Love of Dream was based on, but if you read the original FJ's thoughts, she's pretty innocent, as well.

Our FJ gave Yun Hao the benefit of the doubt because that's who she is, she's open and caring and she did feel that he was truly in physical pain. Hopefully, as this AU continues, readers can see that her openness and innocence doesn't mean she can't take care of herself and develop discernment. Dong Hua will always help her with that.

Thanks for all the support and votes! I hope you guys enjoyed how she tore Yun Hao a new one ;) WITH HER PAW-TOES!

---

She was at a complete loss at being moved from the kids' table to now sitting next to her ancient librarian who was in the company of two very High Gods.

She undoubtedly felt special with being allowed to sit next to him. But she had just come from a table where everyone was lauding and laughing at her "deathblow" towards Yun Hao. Her friends have detested Yun Hao since they were adolescent Celestials so the guys who didn't get to see the horror show wanted all the details.

Not long ago she had been talking about massaging, then beating, before finally shoving her paw-toes up one of the banquet guest's ass and now she was expected to talk about tea like a master tea maker.

She knew she would just have to rely on her substantial acting skills until she could settle into more of a quiet man mindset. She internally smiled at her mount's nickname for her laoshi. She wondered how her little mushroom man was doing.

"That's a beautiful cape you're wearing," said the God of Luminous Treasures.

"Oh, thank you."

"Dong Hua Dijun, you spare no luxuries when it comes to your ward. Mulberry silk hasn't been seen around openly for thousands of years."

"Oh? Perhaps you should look on the black market," suggested Dong Hua dryly.

The High God simply smiled and nodded.

"We have not been formally introduced, Your Highness. I am the God of Luminous Treasures. I have heard many impressive things about you, the most impressive things coming from the god who usually says nothing," he said with a small smile glancing over to Dong Hua.

"It's very nice to make your acquaintance. I hear you and The King of Medicines are two of his few associates. And this black market ... have you procured some of your treasures there? What kinds of things can be found on the black market?" she asked curiously.

He chuckled softly. "Your Highness is indeed too young to know much about the black market. It is not a place for the innocent. Anything can be found on the black market if something of value can be offered for a trade."

"Anything?"

"Yes, anything really, objects, ideas, answers ..."

"Answers?" she asked with fascination. "So someone can just go and ask questions? Like a consultation?"

Dong Hua's glare made it obvious that he did not want the little highness exposed to the black market.

To try to change the subject the High God returned to what she had said. "Ah yes, I have known His Lordship for most of my life ..."