Chapter 10: Funeral

(Author/Red: Sophia... RIP, at least you are with the others we lost so far. This is what Alita is wearing for this chapter and next chapter. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter.)

No One's Point of View

As the day went on, clouds were over the sky and it became windy. Daryl and Alita were in the RV, trying to comfort Carol. Daryl sat on top of the counter while Alita sat at the table with Carol, as someone knocked on the door and stepped inside.

"They're ready." Lori said, Carol thought for a moment before shaking her head.

"Come on friend." Alita says to Carol softly.

"Why?" Carol asked Alita and Daryl.

"Cuz that's your little girl." Daryl said, as Carol looked up at the two of them.

"That's not my little girl. That's someone other thing." She sighed and looked out the window.

"My Sophia was alone in the woods. All this time, I thought... She didn't cry herself to sleep... She didn't go hungry... She didn't try to find her way back... Sophia died a long time ago..." She whispers, Lori stepped out of the RV and walked away, leaving the three. Daryl stayed for a moment before getting up, too.

"C'mon." Daryl murmured to Alita. 

She glared at Carol and sighed before getting up and following Daryl outside. They walker to the barn where about it was 50 yards away from where they had buried Sophia. The whole group was already lined up next to her grave, standing silently as the mourned for the loss of the little girl and others as well.