Chapter 82: Let's Do This

Alita's Point of View

"They think they're in control. We're in here and they could be anywhere. But we know where exactly they are." Rick tells us after he explains the playoff attack.

"Plan's got stones, I'll give you that." Abraham comments.

"Make our move before they do." Glenn says.

"That's right. They're not counting on us thinking straight." Rick tells him.

"Are we? I'm just making sure. It's a big play." Rosita asks.

"Remember what these people are capable of." Rick tells her.

"Tyreese." Rick calls.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"You up for this?" Rick asks him.

"I'm going with you." Sasha says coming into the room.

"You should stay with Bob." Ty tells her.

"No, I want to be out there. I want to be apart of this." She says walking back to the office, and Tyreese follows her.

-Time skip.-

I sat with Bob, Ash, Carl, Tyreese, Eugene, Gabriel, Foxy, and Rosita as the others go out to take care of things.

I ran my finger over Judith's cheek watching as she sleeps peacefully unaware go this world.

One of my pistols is held in my other hand waiting, and when that front door opens my waiting has ended.

"Well, I guess you know we're here. And we know you're here." A man, who I assumed was Gareth, calls out.

"And we're armed. So there's really no point in hiding anymore. We're been watching you. We know who's here. There's Bob, unless you put him out of his misery already." He says.

"And Eugene. Rosita. Martin's good friends Ash and Tyreese. Carl. Judith. That dog. And that wolf girl." My heart pounds when he mentions the kids names.

"Rick and the rest walked out with a lot of your guns. Listen, we don''t know where you all are, but this isn't a big place. So let's just stop this now before things get more painful than they need to be." The guy says as it goes quiet, the door handle begins to rattle.

Ash, Carl, and I aimed our guns at the door.

"Look, you're behind one of these two doors and we have more than enough firepower to take down both. Can't imagine that's what you all want." He points out followed by a gun cocking.

"How about the priest?" He asks.

"Father, you help us wrap this up, we'll let you walk away from this. Just open the door and you can go. You can take the baby with you. What do you say?" He questions.

I looked at Gabriel since I have little faith in the man at the moment.

But before anyone can move Judith begins to cry causing my heart to hit my stomach. Carl goes over to her while my aim was still on the door.

"It's your chance right now to tell us you're coming out." Gareth orders, it goes quiet before I hear two bodies hit the floor.

"Rick, we'll fire right into the office. So lower your gun— Ah!" Gareth shouts in pain, I opened the door a crack, and I see Gareth and his men kneeling on the floor.

"Martin, there's no choice here." Gareth points out.

"Yeah, there is." He says.

"Want to bet?" I hear Abraham ask probably aiming his gun at the head of one of the me, as I hear someone drop their gun and kneels down.

I see Rick and the others step forwards to the kneeling people, as Rick walks behind Gareth making the man turn to him.

"No point in begging, right?" Gareth asks.

"No." Rick deadpans.

"Still, you could have killed us when you came in. There had to be a reason for that." Gareth says looking at Rick.

"We didn't want to waste the bullets." Rick tells him plainly.

"We used to help people. We saved people. Things changed. They came in and—" He stops talking as he groans in pain.

"After that... I know that you've been out there, but I can see it. You don't know what it is to be hungry." Gareth throws out, and I see Rick smiles very slightly.

"You don't have to do this. We an walk away. And we will never cross paths again. I promise you." Gareth says in a feeble attempt to save his ***.

"But you'll cross someone's path." Rick points out gesturing at him with his gun.

"You'd do this to anyone, right? Besides, I already made you a promise." Rick says pulling his red handle machete.

"No!" Gareth's scream is cut short by Rick slashing his blade into his head.

I watched as everyone in that room besides Glenn, Maggie, and Tara brutally kill the others.

While the four of us looked disgusted, it looks like Rick didn't care with all of the things these people have done.

I couldn't blame him, after what I hear the woman from when I helped Carol attack Terminus, talk about when they tried to help people, and then eating them.

I walked out, as I see the church walls and floors is covered in red now along with Rick and the others.

"It could have been us." Rick points out to us, I took a breath looking around at the bodies before I sighed and let them go into the offices. Yet this felt familiar to me...

Like I've seen this before at the beginning. I felt myself shake a bit and I felt uneasy while I sat down at one of the clean rows.

I see Maggie and Glenn looked ashamed at what just unfolded. I could tell, but I felt more uneasy at the moment like I went through this before. I looked at the two with a sad yet scared look on my face.

'Why do I feel like I've been through this before?' I thought as I looked at my hands with uncertainty, sad, and scared look for the first time in a long time.