Chapter 92: Inside Alexandria

Alita's Point of View

Later on we're all piled into the living room of one of the houses, I sat by the crib with Daryl. I smiled as Rick places Judith down for the night.

"How long was I in there for?" Michonne asks coming into the room.

I smiled a little, I'd love to go and get cleaned up, but until I'm a little more comfortable with this place, I'll wait to get clean.

"20 minutes." Rick tells her.

L***, I could not stop brushing." She comments.

I faded out of their conversation, leaning against Daryl. I sighed a little, he places his hand on my knee.

"I love you." I whispered to him.

"Love ya too." He mumbles I jumped when a rocking sounded from the door.

The sound instantly puts everyone on alert, and Rick opens the door.

"Rick, I— Wow." Deanna says seeing Rick all cleaned up, Rick groans a little.

"I didn't know what was under there. Listen I-I don't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were all settling." She says looking in the living room at us.

"Oh, my. Staying together, smart." She says impressed.

"No one said we couldn't." Rick points out.

"You said you're family, that's what you said. Absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing in common can become that. Don't you think?" She asks.

"Everybody said you gave them jobs?" Rick asks.

"Mm-hmm, yeah. Part of this place, looks like the communists won after all." Deanna jokes.

"Well, you didn't give me one." Rick sates.

"I have. I just haven't told you yet. Same with Michonne. I'm closing in one something for Sasha. And I'm just trying to figure Mr and Mrs. Dixon out, but I will." She starts.

"Well, I heard a lot about Mrs. Dixon, but even with what I heard from others about her, I'm still unsure." She says, and I rubbed Daryl's arm as I looked away from the woman.

"You look good." She tells Rick before leaving. Rick closes the door behind her.

After that we all turn in for the night, I cuddled closer to Daryl throwing a blanket over us, I don't know where Daryl's poncho is anymore sadly.

-Time skip-

The next morning everyone leaves the house to explore the place, I tapped Ash on the shoulder.

"Take the dogs with you, okay." I told her, she nods and called for them.

"They said explore. Let's explore." Rick says to Daryl and I.

"Nah, I'll stay." Daryl tells him.

"Alright." Rick says before he starts to leave, but he stops the steps.

"Lori and me, we used to drive through neighborhoods like this. Thinking, one day..." Rick trails off.

"Well, here we are." Daryl tells him.

"We'll be back." Rick says before heading down the steps, I sat down next to Daryl on the porch.

"You can go, ya ain't got ta stay with me." Daryl points out, and I shrugged a little.

"I'd rather stay here than go out near some of the people that don't know." I mumbled.

-Back during the audition-

"How many people have you lost?" Deanna asks, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Blood, or family?" I questioned her.

"Blood." She clarifies, I cleared my throat.

"A lot... My mother is one of them, and there were more... There were more of us when this all started..." I trailed off.

I could see my dad sigh, I guessed he remembered that both of us a lot of blood family during the apocalypse.

"How many blood related family do you have left? If you don't me asking." She says to me, and I sighed.

"Two..." I answered.

"Must have been hard." She says, probably she heard my dad from behind her.

"Yeah, but that's the world now— Hard." I concluded, and I hear both my dad and Deanna hummed a little.

"Have you killed people?" She asked, my eyebrows were knitted together in confusion, and I looked up at her...

-Back in the present-

I played on the floor next to Daryl, I couldn't sleep, sleeping has been rare to come by since the apocalypse.

I imagined if I got somewhere safe and gated I'd be out like a light, but it's the exact opposite.

I couldn't sleep, it's harder to sleep in this house. I'm used to the noise that accompanies the woods, the smells of trees and the wind.

Now I'm in a house out of the elements and away from things trying to kill me...

And I'm wide awake.

Glancing over at Daryl, I see him asleep. I'm glad he isn't suffering from the same thing that I am.

I kissed his cheek before cuddling close to him, hoping that by getting closer I can catch what I've been chasing since I laid down...