Chapter 48: Saving people

No One's point of View

Alita looked around slowly in confusion, she wasn't on the couch anymore. She looked around realizing she was in the bedroom on the green-sized bed and she smiled softly spotting Daryl asleep next to her. 

He was laying on his stomach, his head turned towards her with his arm wrapped around her waist. He looked so peaceful and relaxed sleeping, she didn't want to wake him up, but she really needed to go to the restroom.

Slowly Alita crawled out of bed, lifting his arm off her bed. He stirred slightly in his sleep, but didn't wake up and Alita sighed in relief, Daryl needed the rest. She walked towards the door to the restroom, hoping that the toilet was somewhat decent otherwise she was gonna have to go for a walk outside. 

She opened the door quietly, not wanting to wake Daryl and she grinned spotting the toilet that looked completely normal. Finally she could use an actual toilet, even though it couldn't flush it was still so much better.

Once she finished, Alita walked back into the bedroom making sure Daryl was still asleep before she made her way towards the other door that opened up into the kitchen and lunge room, with Foxy walking by her side from where he was sleeping. 

Merle and Ash were fast asleep on the couches, snoring slightly and Alita would have laughed at the sight, but she saw the unmistakable white powder in a small plastic bag on the side of the couch.

It wasn't unusual for Merle, he was mixed up with drugs when he was younger and got sent to juvie a few times for it too, but Alita was kinda shocked that he managed to find that in this day and age. 

As for Ash, Alita slightly smiled at the fact that her body was spread all over the couch, reminded her of the times her and some of their friends use to prank her when he was like that on tour or just in general. Well... They were roommates in LA before they were tour mates.

Soon Alita grabs her crossbow from the side of the couch Ash was on and made her way towards the kitchen bench as she carefully climbed on top of it, leaning her back against the wall and resting her legs along the bench top, while Foxy yawned and stretched Alita pet him then went back to fixing her crossbow. 

She figured that Ash and the brothers wouldn't be asleep for much longer considering the sun was already up, so she began fiddling with her crossbow, tightening the brood heads on her crossbow bolts.

Alita was only waiting for about 10 minutes before Daryl walked out of the bedroom, rubbing his tired eyes and she knows he would be scanning the couched trying to find her until he looked over towards the kitchen spotting her sitting her sitting on the bench fiddling with her crossbow. Later Alita gave Daryl a soft smile as he walked over to her and Foxy, placing a gentle kiss against her lips and she leaned forwards deepening the kiss.

"How's ya ribs?" Daryl asked, pulling away slightly as Alita shrugged her shoulders, now Daryl was petting Foxy.

"Sore, but they're not broken, so I'll be fine. It'll heal rather quickly, since you know why." Alita simply replied and Daryl nodded as he looked down at the rings on their ring fingers and she could see him smiling slightly.

"Can't believe I found ya." He muttered softly, holding Alita's hand. Later with Alita showing the crossbow tattoo on her left wrist.

"It was the only thing that reminded me of you after we went our separate ways all those years ago and then when this started... In wanted something to remind me of you when ever we were separated... But... I honestly never thought I'd see ya again..." Alita admitted looking down at the rings and tattoo squeezing Daryl's hand a little bit.