Chapter 29: Prisoners?!?!

Alita's Point of View

"Who the **** are you?" Daryl questioned, taking a few steps towards the prisoners shot back as I followed Daryl, keeping my sights directly on them.

"He's bleeding out. We gotta go back. Come around here, put pressure on the knee, hard!" Rick instructed from behind us, as Daryl and I focused on the prisoners.

"Why don't ya come on out of there?" Daryl questioned glaring at the prisoners as they walked over to the door and made their way out.

"Slow and steady boys." I ordered, eyeing the men carefully, not knowing how dangerous they were, yet I was also worried for Hershel.

"What happened to him?" The man with long black hair questioned, looking over at Hershel behind Daryl and I.

"He got bit." Daryl responded and the men gave him a confused look.

"Bit?" One of them asked as they guy with long hair began pulling out a pistol.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy now. Nobody has to get hurt." Daryl quickly responded as I sensed T-Dog taking a few steps over to me, his handgun now raised too. 

I could hear Rick giving off orders behind me, trying to stop Hershel from bleeding out when suddenly Glenn came rushing through the middle of all of us. I quickly pointed my crossbow up, so Glenn wasn't in my firing line before bringing it back down and pointing it at the prisoners once he was clear.

"You have medical supplies?" Glenn questioned, walking into the supply room where the prisoners came out from, not even caring that everyone had their weapons raised.

"Who the **** are you people, anyway?" The same guy questioned, his eyes flying between Daryl and I.

"Don't look like no rescue team." The blonde-haired man stated.

'Rescue team? What the crap is this guy on about? The police and military got over run like a year or so ago.' I thought to myself.

"If a rescue team is what you're waiting for don't." Rick shouted from behind me as Glenn rushed out of the supply room, wheeling a portable bench across the ground towards Hershel. 

I wanted to help Hershel, to do something to help him, but I didn't want to leave Daryl alone with the prisoners. **** They are prisoners for a reason, who knows what these guys did to end up in here.

"T the door." Rick shouted as T-Dog quickly rushed over to the door, removing the metal rod.

"Are you crazy? Don't open that!" One of the prisoners shouted, but I won't take my eyes of the man with the long black hair. There was something about him that made me fell uneasy and it wasn't just because he had his gun aimed at Daryl.

"We got this!" I heard T-Dog responded as the familiar sound of a walker's body hitting the ground filled the air, but I couldn't hear any further groans of walkers which meant the hallway was clear.

"Daryl. Alita. Let's go." Rick shouted, but I didn't move. My bow still raised at the man who was aiming at Daryl.

"Daryl! Alita! Come on!" Rick yelled as Daryl and I began walking backwards out bows still raised at the five prisoners.

"You better stay in here." I stated staring at the men especially the man with the gun before Daryl and I walked out of the room, shutting the door behind me, as I ran after the others down the hallway.

"Stay close." Daryl whispered, glancing over at me and I nodded as the two of is reached the group, running in front of them to clear the path of any walkers we may come across.