Chapter 108: The World is Going to get Bigger

Alita's Point of View

The suns up once everyone's proper and in the dinning room.

"So, how'd you get out?" Rick asks.

"One guard can't cover two exits, or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?" Paul asks.

"Right." Daryl and I grumbled.

"I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well equipped, but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. 54?" Paul once again asks.

"More than that." Maggie tells him.

"Well, I appreciate the cookie. My complements to the chef." He says.

"Yeah, she ain't here." Daryl informs him.

"Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side— The living side." Paul begins.

"You three had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one." Paul continued.

"Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and all of you looked like trouble. I was wrong." He stated.

"You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other." Paul explains to us.

"Do you have food?" Glenn asks him.

"We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum." Paul tells us.

"Tell us why we should believe you." Rick says.

"I'll show you. If we take a car, I can take you back home in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer." Paul offers.

"Wait, you're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?" Maggie questions, Paul leans back in his seat with a smile.

"Your worlds about to get a whole lot bigger." He informs us, I shared a look with my group.

-Time skip-

After gathering some of my stuff I threw it in the RV, I turned to Ash and Nate bringing them into a hug.

"Keep an eye on the dogs, Carl, and Judith. And stay safe." I tell them, and they nodded.

"We will." They say pulling away.

I pat their arms before kneeling down. After petting all of the dogs, I pat Ash then Nate on the shoulder one more time before getting in.

"Let's chew up some asphalt." Abraham rushed.

Once everyone's on Rick drove us in the direction of Paul's home.

I could see Michonne sitting next to Rick with Paul or Jesus, Maggie and Glenn sat on one side of the RV, while Daryl, Abraham, and I sat on the other.

Daryl leaned back against the counter he moves as I sat beside him so my knees were pulled up and my feet were pointing towards Abe leaning back against Daryl, with his arms around me.

A little ways down the road Abraham leaned forwards towards Glenn.

"Hey." He said and Glenn looked at Maggie who was sleeping then leaned forwards.

"Can I ask you a question?" Abraham asked.

"Sure." Glenn said confused.

"When you were, uh, pouring the Bisquick, were you trying to make pancakes?" He asked.