Chapter 103: Why is this Familiar?

Alita's Point of View

"Daryl." Sasha says.

"Yeah, I see." Daryl answered, I lifted my head to see the road being blocked by man on motorcycles.

"What in the holy ****?" Abraham questions.

We came to a stop in front of home, Daryl revs the engine, but the people stayed in place.

"Why don't you come on out, join us on the road?" The one not on the bike speaks.

"Run 'em over." I mumbled.

"You know, if you want to resist, try something. I meant it's a choice, I guess. But we will end your *****. Split you right in two, straight through the sinuses. So, come on." He tells us.

Daryl kills the engine and we piled out. We walk to the front of the truck watching the people closely.

"Yeah, that's great. It's going well right out of the gate. Now, step two— Hand over your weapons." The man says.

"Why should we?" Daryl challenged.

"Well, they're not yours." The man replied.

"What?" Abe questions.

"See... Your weapons, your truck, the fuel in your truck, if you got mints in your glove compartment, if you got porn underneath your seats." The guys starts.

"Change in the seats, ****, the seats themselves, the floor maps, your maps, the little stash of emergency napkins you got there in the console, none of those things are yours anymore." He says, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Whose are they?" Sasha asks.

"Your property... Now belongs to Negan." He tells her.

It goes quiet for a moment, and I'm wondering who does he think he is, and who Negan is and why he's something we should just give all of our stuff to.

And...

Why does he sound familiar...?

"And if you can get your hands on a tanker, you're people, our person wants to know. So let's get those sidearms, shall we?" He says coming over to us.

"Right now." He orders, Daryl pulls his and hands it over.

"Thank you." He says, then looks at me.

I fidget a little, but seeing the weapons theses men have I don't want to risk my people's lives.

Soon I pulled my pistol and as sarcastically as I can I hand it over, he takes it with a smile.

"Thank you." He says with that he moves over to Sasha, then Abraham, who doesn't offer his weapon immediately.

"If you have to eat ****, best not to nibble. Bite, chew, swallow, repeat. It goes quicker." The man says.

Abe glares at him a second longer before pulling his gun and handing it over, and with that he starts to walk away.

"Who are you people?" Sasha asks.

"I get the curiosity, but we have questions ourselves. And we'll be the ones asking them while we drive you back to wherever it is you call home. Take a gander at where you hang your hats. First, though, your ****. What have you got for us?" He asks.

"Yeah, you just took it." Daryl tells him.

"Come on. I mean, can we not, okay? There's more. There is always more." He says, when we don't move, he sighs.

"T... Take my man to the back of the trucks, start inside the back bumper, work your way to the front." He says.

I barely caught myself when one of his people pushes Daryl towards the back of the truck.

"Bite, chew, swallow, repeat." He repeats, and I sighed.

"Who's Negan?" Abraham questions.

"Ding, dong, ****'s bells." The man says, I stiffen up when he aims one of our guns at Abraham.

"You see, usually we introduce ourselves by just popping one of you right off the bat. But you seem like reasonable people. I mean, you're sporting, dress blues, for Christs sake." The guy states.

"And like I said, we're gonna drive you back to where you were. I mean, do you know how awkward it is carpooling with someone whose friend or friends you've just killed?" The man asks.

"Oof. But I told you not to ask any questions. And then what does this ginger do? So that's that. I don't want you to get the wrong impression of me." He says pulling the hammer back.

"Wait. Wait. You don't have to do this." Sasha tells him, this makes him pull another gun and aim it at her.

"Shut up." Abraham mutters.

"I am talking to the man." She mumbles back.

"No, you're not." The man in front of us said as he pulls the hammer back on the other gun.

It's tense for a moment before he drops his arms with a sigh.

"I'm not going to kill you." The man says, I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Wait, wait. You know what? Yes, I am." The guys says as he brings the guns back up before he can shoot an explosion goes off and we get thrown back.

I sat up to see the guy and his men had been blown to **** and whatever's left was on fire, looking behind me.

I see Daryl walking up with a rocket launcher on his shoulder, and I rubbed my ears as I stood up.

"Son of a ****** was tougher than he looked." He comments, as he turns around I see a bloody spot on his vest.

"Baby." I muttered going over to him, pulling out a rag that I had with me.

"Did he cut you?" Sasha asks him.

"A little. What a bunch of ********." Daryl says, as I pressed the rag against his back.

"Let's get him fixed up at home." I said to him.

"Yes, ma'am." He agrees, I smiled at him kissing his cheek.

"Thank you." I whispered.

He nods and opens the door for me, once everyone is in we started back driving.