Chapter 91: Alexandria

Alita's Point of View

After a while we ended at a stop on the side of the road when the RV gives out, I leaned against it as Glenn took a look.

Not long after the RV comes back to life, we cheered as we got back on, and we sat there for a while longer as Rick goes to take a walk.

Once he gets back and we started moving, it wasn't long till we stopped outside of the gates of Alexandria.

I grabbed Daryl's hand before we left the RV, he gives me a look, and I nodded to him before I stepped out with the others.

Laughing and people talking could be heard from inside the place, something that reminds me of the world that died a while ago, as we lined up in front of the gates.

I held Daryl's hand tightly in mine as we waited to enter what is to be our new home.

We cautiously approached the gates, our weapons ready.

As we're standing there a loud rattling happens, everyone jumps aiming their weapons.

Daryl fires an arrow, and picks up the dead possum, and turns to the man who had opened the gate.

"We brought dinner." Daryl comments, and I snorted a little despite the tense atmosphere, the man just looks over us with worry in his eyes.

"It's okay." Aaron assures him before Nate turns to us.

"Come on in, guys." Nate says, as I grabbed Daryl's hand once again as we head through the gates.

And what I see on the inside is pretty shocking. Cut grasses, trimmed bushes, kept up houses, and people.

One of the gates closed behind us, I glanced at it nervously, our only escape is that gate and having it closed makes me feel like I'm in a cage.

"Before take this any further, I need you all to turn your weapons. Stay, you hand them over." The new guy informs us, I gripped my crossbow tightly.

"We don't know if we want to stay." Rick tells him, and even with Judith on his hip he's still as threatening as usual.

"It-it's fine, Nicholas." Aaron jumps in.

"If we were gonna use them, we would have started already." Rick stated this. I knew this is a serious matter.

But I can tell this man is a coward, and I didn't have a high hope for some of the people that's been hiding behind these walls.

"Let them talk to Deanna and Samuel first." Nate tells Nicholas with Aaron nodded.

"Who's Deanna and Samuel?" Abraham cuts in, as I looked at Ash and Nate and they nods at me, as we looked back at the people in front of us.

"They now everything you'd want to know about this place. Rick, why- Why don't you start?" Aaron asks, and Rick looks back at the rest of us.

"Sasha." He says, turning we see a walker approaching,

Sasha is quick to raise her gun and with a muffled shot the walker fall just before the other gate closed.

"It's good thing we're here." Rick comments as we head deeper into Alexandria.

-Time skip-

Everyone gathers in front of Deanna's house for the questioning, Rick is the first to go in, after a while he comes back out.

"Daryl, you're up." He tells him.

I kissed Daryl's cheek before he heads through the door, and after a while he's back. He gestures to me then nods inside, I sighed pushing off the railing, he kisses my head before I walked through the door.