Chapter 89: New Person?

Alita's Point of View

I opened my eyes when Daryl starts to move, I squinted at the light as I pushed off him, he takes his vest off.

"What's wrong?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Nothin'." He answers, he folds up his vest and lays his head against it.

Once he gets comfortable he pulls me against his chest.

"You haven't been able to sleep, have you?" I questioned even though I already knew the answer.

"I'm sleepin' now." He mumbles holding me close.

I rested my head, closing my eyes, I keep myself awake until I hear his breathing even out.

Once it does I fell back asleep enjoying being close to him once again.

-Time skip-

I woke up not long after, as I sat up Daryl begins to stir.

I looked over at him gently pushing his hair out from his eyes, he closes his eyes and hums gently.

"Morning handsome." I greeted softly, he grunts a little.

"Mornin', Sunshine." He grumbles, I rolled my eyes a little.

I leaned over kissing his forehead softly...

-Time skip-

Once we got up we started to clean our weapons, it's quiet, the only sound being the others who are doing familiar things.

Like loading guns, and **** like that. It's nice outside from what I can tell, a big differences from the storm that raged only hours ago.

"Hey." I hear, and I looked over, to see Maggie opened the doors of the barn.

She walks in with a man behind her, Sasha is behind him with a gun on him.

"Everyone... This is Aaron." She tells us, everyone's up in a second, guns on him, Daryl walks outside checking for others.

"We met him outside. He's by himself. We took his weapons and we took his gear." Maggie informs us.

Daryl still pats the man before he closes the door, it's tense in a second, everyone was ready and waiting.

"Hi." He greets, Judith begins to cry, Rick hands her over to Carl not taking his eyes off the man.

"It's nice to meet you." Aaron says moving forwards, I cock one of my pistols making him stop.

"You said he had a weapon?" Rick asks, Maggie goes over and hands him a gun, Rick checks it out before shoving it in his back waistband.

"There something you need?" Rick asks the man.

"He has a camp nearby. He wants us to audition for membership." Sasha explains, I looked at him confused for a bit.

"Audition?" I asked him, keeping my pistol, but lowered at the man.

"I wish there was another word. Audition makes it sound like we're some kind of dance troupe. That's only on Friday nights." He jokes, but he takes notice in the lack of amusement from our group.

"Um, and it's not a camp. It's a community. I think you all would make valuable additions, but it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home." He explains, I glanced over at Rick who just stares at the man.

"I know, if I were you, I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack?" Aaron asks, and Sasha does as he asks.