Deacury: I Think You're In The Wrong Store

Roger pulls John out of the car all giddy and laughing, “I can’t believe it, you’re really doing this.”

John laughs nervously fiddling with his sweater vest, “Y-Yesh, but I’m only getting it for my mama.”

Roger laughs, blowing cigarette smoke before he pulls John inside the shop.

A tawny skin man is sitting at a table writing something down on important papers. He’s heavily tattooed all over his arms and chest, and he’s got multiple piercings. He takes one look at John, “Flower shops next door, buttercup.” he goes back to his papers,

John rocks on his feet and messes with his sleeve, “No, no,” John looks at the older man, “I’m in the right place. I want a tattoo.” John bounces on the tips off his toes as Roger begins pulling a large some of cash out, 

“You remember me, Freddo?” Roger says and Freddie nods, “Treat my boy well then.” he hands Freddie a large sum of money, the Parsi Indian counts it before putting it in the safe in the back.

“Alright let’s get a sketch down with what you want and go from there.” Freddie says, leading John over to the table, “What do you want?”

“A-A daisy in memory of my mama.”

“Ah a memorial tattoo.” Freddie hums sketching out a small daisy, “And what do you want it to say or just leave it blank?”

“I-I want it to say Lillian Molly Deacon.” John whispers rocking and he gives Freddie the date of her birth and death.

“Is there anything I need to know before we start?” Freddie asks John,

“L-Like what?”

“Tourette’s, ya know.” Freddie gestures to John’s twitching and rocking,

“No, no. I’m autistic, just let Roger hold my hand and I’ll be fine.”

Freddie nods as he makes a note of this, “And you just want a white daisy with a yellow center?”

“Mm-hmm.”

Freddie shows John the drawing and his eyes light up, “Yes! Yes! That’s what I want!”

“Alright let’s get started.”

John just removed his shirt sitting bare chested on the leather chair as Freddie gets the tattoo going, “So how long have you two been together?” Freddie asks as Roger wipes away John’s tears and babys him.

“I’m not dating him. I’m more of his caretaker and best friend.” Roger informs,

“Ah okay.” Freddie looks at John, he's grunting and forcing himself to stay, statue still, “You need a break buddy?”

John nods another tear rolls down his cheek and onto Freddie’s gloved hand, Freddie grabs John a cold water to nurse on and some paper towels so he can wipe his face off. The brunette screams in Freddie’s face he rocks aggressively, Roger left John alone so he could use the bathroom,

“Look let’s just finish the tattoo up some other time.” Freddie says,

“No!” John grabs Freddie’s arm, “Please it’s for my mama!” he cries into Freddie's hairy chest soaking his ripped guns and roses muscle shirt.

“Fine, fine.” Freddie adds some numbing gel to the shoulder and begins to work in it once Roger’s back.

John’s tattoo come out beautiful and he tips Freddie, thanking him over and over again, Freddie tells him how to keep it clean and how not to get it infected. 

Freddie assumes that’ll be the last he sees of John and goes about his daily work. Meanwhile John has started to crush on Freddie, and asks Roger for flirting advice since any time John tried to get a girlfriend or boyfriend or someone with a different gender than those two he was always called weird or creepy so John gave up, this time though something was telling John that Freddie was different.